Conversations is an Agent Workspace app that offers cross-channel capabilities that enable an omnichannel agent experience, empowering the agent and increasing efficiency from their desktop or web browser.
With Conversations, agents can manage all inbound and outbound interactions using both voice and digital channels, all in one place. It provides visibility on what’s happening in all channels in a single thread.
- Accessing Conversations
- Conversations Panel
- Contextual tabs
Option 1 - Via Workspace Bar
Currently, the Conversations app is the second app available in the Workspace sidebar. Click on the “Conversations” logo to open the app.
Option 2 - Via Workspace Apps Menu
1. Log in to the main Talkdesk page and head to the My Apps menu , at the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Click on the “Conversations”  logo to jump to the app.
Option 3 - Talkdesk web version via URL
Open the browser portal and add “/atlas” at the end of the URL Link. For example: [your-account-name].mytalkdesk.com/atlas
If a pop-up appears, confirm that you wish to leave the current site by clicking “Leave”.
Note: For an optimal experience, the supported and recommended browser is Google Chrome.
Option 4 - Talkdesk desktop version
If you have not installed the Talkdesk desktop application (for either macOS or Windows), then please refer to our installation guide here.
If you have the Talkdesk desktop application already installed, then simply log in to the application.
- Depending on your macOS system configurations, the operating system may not allow you to open an app that was not installed via the Apple Store. To grant permission, go to Security Settings > System Preferences > Security And Privacy > General tab.
- If you wish to set the Talkdesk CX Cloud Experience as the default experience for all or specific agents, then please refer to our guide here. This option is exclusive to Admins.
Channels Loading Feedback
In case there is an error loading one of the channels, you will get a notification with the details of the channel(s) that failed to load:
|Conv Panel Expanded
|Conv Panel Collapsed
Follow the instructions shown in the error message, and contact your administrator should the situation persist.
During voice calls, a red badge is added to the conversation icon in the Workspace sidebar.
For digital conversations, red badges are also added to the “Assigned to you” and “Inbox” tabs to help the agents deal with several digital conversations simultaneously. Please refer to this article for more details.
One of the capabilities that the Conversations app offers is the ability to provide contextual information using Tabs. By providing agents with the right information at the right time, these tabs contribute to a better overall customer experience and agent productivity.
These tabs are available to all Conversations app users.
The default is the Snapshot tab.
These tabs are not available by default to all users and depend on each of the products.
For more details, click the links on each of the tabs.
These are custom tabs that the account admins can configure through Workspace Designer.
These tabs are available for Voice, SMS, Email, and WhatsApp channels.
This tab gives the agent an overview of the contact person associated with a given conversation. It is divided into three cards: Ring Group, Contact Details, and Context.
For the voice channel, the Snapshot tab is available during the ringing, dialing, and on-call stages.
When handling digital interactions, this tab will be available both on the Ringing Screen and during a conversation with a contact person, as shown below.
Ring Groups Card
This card shows the ring groups associated with the conversation.
The Contacts card will be available for all channels.
Regarding the Chat channel specifically, the Contacts card will allow you to collect the contact details from the visitor, create a new contact, or merge the info with an existing contact.
The contact pop button will open the contact details in the Contacts app.
When checking contact details, it is possible to check the snapshot details, and the wrap-up information, listen to the recording, or read the conversation history.
This card will show the parameters retrieved by Studio flows and is only visible when the conversations are being routed through Studio flows.
This tab allows the agent to take notes and associate Dispositions to the conversation.
The Notes tab is available while there is an ongoing conversation.
For digital conversations, the Notes  are stored when the conversations are transferred. Here, you can find additional context by checking previous notes left by other agents (for the conversations sent to the queue or transferred), as well as leaving any relevant comments following a conversation.
To leave a note, fill in your message in the text box. You will then need to add the Disposition  that most accurately describes the outcome of the conversation. You have a list of predefined dispositions that depend on the direction and the ring groups of each conversation.
In this tab, you will be able to access the list of the past activities associated with the contact person of the current conversation.
By clicking on each of the conversations on the list, you’ll be able to access the wrap-up details, read the conversation transcript (digital conversations), or listen to the recording (voice conversations).
This list is the same list you will see in Contacts App - Activities. For more information, please refer to the following article.
The Wrap-up phase will only be available after you click on the End call or End chat button.
- “Disposition” card : This card is the same as the Disposition card in the “Notes” tab. Agents can modify it at this stage.
- “Notes” card : This card is the same as the one under the “Notes” tab. These notes can still be updated here before submitting the wrap-up data.
- “Contact details” : Name, email, and contact pop from linked apps.
- Dismiss button : It’s possible to dismiss the wrap-up when there is no need to fill in the notes and disposition. All the changes that happen during the wrap-up phase will be discarded.
- Submit button : When submitting the wrap-up information, all the data will be stored.
- Adding a disposition is required, to be able to submit the wrap-up data. An exception is when no disposition can be chosen since disposition is disabled in these cases.
Note: It’s possible to preview the message during the wrap-up phase since the Conversation Preview  is still available for consultation (only applies to Digital).