This article features a guide for Agents to use tools applicable to all available channels (Chat, Email, SMS) of Talkdesk Digital Engagement™.
- Using the "Inbox" Tab
- Transfer Button
- Transferring Conversations to a Queue
- Transferring Conversations to Agents
- Transfer Confirmation
- Conversation Transferred Successfully
- Transfer Card
- Conversation Notes
- No “Ringing Screen”
- Configurable Capacity for Digital Channels
- Multiple Offering
- Wrap-up Phase
- Using Templates
- Selecting a Template Language
Using the “Inbox” Tab
After opening the Conversation app, you can access the Inbox tab and view all new incoming conversations.
On the listing, you can see the following data:
- Name or visitor number of the contact person who began a conversation. The contact’s info also includes the conversation’s touchpoint.
Note: The contact’s name is displayed if the visitor has inserted its name before starting a chat, or if the agent has inserted the contact name during the conversation. When no name is added either by the agent or the contact, the contact will appear as a “Visitor” with a unique ID (e.g. Visitor #2931).
- Next to each contact person’s name or number, you can see information on the date of the first message that was received .
- By clicking on the Assign button , you can assign the conversation to yourself, and it will be moved to your active tab.
- A Refresh icon  is displayed, indicating the last update time.
- You can use the “Search” box , in order to look for a specific conversation by contact information including contact name, number, and email.
- At the bottom of the panel, you can click the + New conversation icon  to open a new conversation (Email, SMS or Voice).
- As shown in the image above, the colored icon on top of the contact for each conversation identifies the type of conversation.
- Selecting a Voice or SMS conversation will display a dial pad on the right side of the screen.
- Selecting an Email conversation will display their respective action tabs on the right side of the screen.
Filtering and Sorting
The Inbox tab provides the option to refine your view, by filtering and sorting through the conversations, according to your needs.
The Inbox tab allows users to refine their conversation searches, by applying the following filters:
- “Channel” and Touchpoint.
- “Date and time”.
To access the filters, click the filter icon, at the top right of the tab.
Filtering by Channel and Touchpoint
The Channel list varies according to the channels installed for each account.
The Touchpoint list will depend on touchpoints added for each channel.
Filtering by Date and Time
The conversation will be filtered according to the creation time. Here, you can select your desired time range.
Filtering by Queues
The “Queues” list will depend on the queues that the agent is a member of. The “Inbox” will then filter conversations based on the queue(s) selected.
The Inbox features an option that allows sorting the conversations from the “Newest” to the “Oldest”, or from the “Oldest” to the “Newest”. To do so, click on the icon  at the top right of the Inbox, next to the “Filters” icon.
By clicking on the Transfer button , a transfer panel is triggered, where you can select the most suitable Agent or Agent group to transfer the conversation to.
Transferring Conversations to a Queue
This “Transfer” panel displays all the queues and Agents that are available to transfer the conversation to. On the Queues tab, use the search bar to find the most appropriate queue.
When you’re done, use the “X”  icon at the top-right to close the “Transfer” panel and go back to the conversation.
Transferring Conversations to Agents
On the “Transfer” panel, select Agents  to access a list of the account’s Agents and their availability. Unavailable Agents or Agents that do not have enough capacity to handle the conversation are shown in a greyed-out state, as exemplified in the image. You can use the search bar to find the specific Agent that you’re looking for.
When you’re done, use the “X”  icon at the top-right to close the “Transfer” panel and return to the conversation.
After selecting an available Agent, a dialog message is shown, prompting confirmation of the transfer.
Conversation Transferred Successfully
Agents receiving the conversation transfer will be able to see it on the Assigned to you  tab. Transferred conversations can be easily identified, as they include a “transferred” icon .
Note: Conversations that are transferred to a queue, instead of directly to an Agent, will appear in the Inbox tab.
Agents receiving the conversation are able to visualize a transfer card indicating the source of the transfer. The card is located in the Snapshot tab, as shown in the image above.
Located within the Snapshot card, Notes are used for registering additional information. To access them, click on Notes, at the far right of the screen.
The Notes card is kept when conversations are transferred. Here, you can find additional context by checking previous notes left by other Agents (for the conversations sent to queue or transferred), as well as leaving any relevant comments following a conversation.
To leave a note, fill in your message in the text box. You will then need to add the “Disposition” that most accurately describes the outcome of the conversation. You have a list of predefined dispositions that depends on the direction and the ring groups of each conversation.
The Email and Chat channels allow agents and the contact person to share attachments between them.
Note: Attachments will also be available to the SMS channel in the near future.
Through this icon , agents will be able to select the file they wish to send. For size and file types rules (which can be different from channel to channel), please read the Attachments Validations & Errors section.
After being selected or dragged & dropped, the file will be uploaded. The loading status will be visible via the icon at the right of the file’s name.
Once the file is uploaded, the icon will change to display its validity status. Now, the file can either be sent or deleted prior to sending.
Drag & Drop Attachment
Agents can also use another method to add attachments. This action can be performed by dragging & dropping the desired file to the Conversations screen.
The drag & drop screen that appears, contains information on the maximum size allowed and the extensions that can be sent .
At this time, no previews of received files are available. Whenever a file is received, agents will have to download it in order to be able to view it.
Attachments' Validations & Errors
Through the Email and Chat channels, it is possible to share attachments between the agent and the contact person.
Multiple files upload
|Can upload multiple files||
Can only upload 1 (one) file at a time (for now)
|Maximum size per file||
|To be available soon|
|File types allowed||.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf, .jpg, jpeg, .png, .gif, .txt, .bmp, .html, .htm, .mp4, .mp3, .avi, .mov, .ods||.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .png, .mp4, .mp4v, .mpg4, .mp3, .mpga, .mp2, .mp2a, .m2a, .m3a, .mov, .qt, .pdf.||To be available soon|
|Errors||Visual information is displayed in case the message fails, or in case of a file size/extension not being allowed.|
|File Scanning||At this time, attachments are not scanned for possible viruses. Agents will be notified of this, whenever there is a file download or upload.|
Attachments on Chat Widget
By clicking the clip icon , the contact person will be able to select the file to be sent.
Actions for files sent or received are:
- Check the length.
- Manage audio.
- Change the speed for videos and audios.
- Among others.
No “Ringing Screen”
To avoid distractions, the no ringing screen is displayed right away (except for the Voice channel). The items will be visible with a pulsating/ringing effect in the Assigned to you tab.
Configurable Capacity for Digital Channels
The Configurable Capacity feature for Talkdesk Digital Engagement will allow you to configure the weights of SMS, Chat, and Email from 1 to 100 points at the account level. Agents will continue having 100 points of capacity, but the value that each conversation weighs can change according to business needs.
These values are not retroactive, which means that once the settings are changed they will only be applicable to new conversations.
To manage this feature:
- Access Workspace and navigate to Admin  > Channels  > Global settings .
- You must click the Edit  button to be able to adjust the conversation weight.
In the Edit menu, you can use each slider to configure the conversation capacity to your liking.
Drag the slider to adjust the conversation capacity per channel (“SMS”, “Chat”, and “Email”). The range is from 1 to 100.
You can use the Restore to default values  button to reset the capacity values for all channels. The default values are:
- “SMS”: 5
- “Chat”: 30.
- “Email”: 5.
Click the Save button to apply your changes.
- The following values of this model are hard-coded:
- Maximum points per Agent: 100.
- Voice: 51.
- Values for Chat, SMS and Email are all customizable and can be from 1 to 100.
- The capacity model will only be available for the Push model (conversations that reach the Agent through the “Assign Agents to Message” component in Studio).
Multiple conversations can be offered at the same time. Being offered multiple conversations simultaneously, decreases the waiting time for Agents, as there's no need to wait for a conversation to end, in order to accept a new one.
Note: Wrap-up phase will only be available right after you click on the End chat button.
- “Disposition” card : This card is the same as the Disposition card in the “Notes” tab. You are also able to modify it at this stage.
- “Notes” card : This card is the same as the one under the “Notes” tab. These notes can still be updated here, before submitting the wrap-up phase.
- “Contact details” : Name, email, and contact pop from linked apps.
- Dismiss button : You can choose to dismiss the wrap-up phase when there is no need to fill in the notes and disposition. All the changes that happen during the wrap-up phase will be discarded.
- Submit button : You can choose to submit the wrap-up phase with all the information pre-filed, or you can adjust it prior to submitting.
- You can preview the message during the wrap-up phase, as a Conversation Preview  is still available for consultation.
Note: Adding a disposition is required to be able to submit the wrap-up phase.
The “Template” menu can be accessed from the Template menu icon  on the editor and also through your keyboard’s “/” key. You can use up or down arrows to select the collection or the template that fits the situation.
When opening the menu, you’ll see a list of Collections. To select a Template, browse the available collections and click the “>” icon . Below each template is a short preview  of its content.
Note: Empty collections won’t be listed, and only active templates will be listed.
Selecting a Template Language
Use the Language Selector button  to open the list of languages available for your account. Note: The Language Selector will only show the languages associated with collections that are active.
To search for a template, select the language and then type the keywords you are looking for. The list will be refined to only display the results that match your search criteria.
Preview the template by clicking the “Eye” icon  and see its content before selection.
To apply the template, choose Apply template  within the preview screen or click directly on the template’s row. You can add as many templates as you want.