Once you activate Email in your Talkdesk account, you can see all incoming conversations, assign specific items, initiate an outbound Email, reply to existing ones, transfer the conversation back to the general queue, or close the interaction once the discussion topic is resolved.
All Email conversations — those on a queue and the ones assigned to you specifically — will be visible on the “Conversations” Panel.
Using the Inbox Tab
After opening the Conversations App, you can open the Inbox tab and see all new incoming Conversations. For full information on how to use the Inbox tab, please read this section.
Using the “Assigned to you” Tab
In the Assigned to you tab, you can open each conversation that has been attributed specifically to you. The conversations in this tab will appear organized by channels (“Live chat”, “SMS”, and “Email”).
After clicking on a conversation, the corresponding message history will appear on the right side of the screen.
The header displays the information regarding the message’s touchpoint  (where it originated from), the email subject line , and the contact’s email .
The far right of the panel features the Snapshot tab, with additional contact details, along with the ring groups that are associated with this contact.
Sending/Replying to Emails
- At the top left of the message editor (message box) is a recipient icon, with the choice of replying, replying to all, or forwarding the message to another contact. While replying, it's also possible to add other recipients in the “CC” and “BCC” fields.
- On the message editor, you can type the new message. To add a new line to the message, press the “Enter” key.
- The message editor features action buttons to expand the message history on your reply, add an attachment, edit the text, and add links. Your email can be sent either by hitting “Shift” + “Enter” on your keyboard, or by clicking the Send  button.
- Once the conversation ends, click on the End chat  button and the conversation will no longer appear on the Assigned to you tab.
- If you cannot resolve this item, choose Send to Inbox  and the conversation will be returned to the Inbox tab.
- Click the Transfer  button to transfer the conversation to another Agent or to another queue.
- To learn how to manage attachments, please read this section.
- At this time, it is not possible to perform searches on specific terms and items within an Email conversation.
- Email messages can only be sent to one contact at a time.
- You cannot send a message without the subject header.
- Empty messages cannot be sent.
- You won’t be able to forward the email to the same contact person or forward an empty message.
- At this time, only one attachment file may be uploaded at a time. The total size of the email’s attachments is 25 MB.
- The compatible attachment file types are: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf, .jpg, jpeg, .png, .gif, .txt, .bmp, .html, .htm, .mp4, .mp3, .avi, .mov, .ods.
- If sending fails, Agents will receive visual information on the email thread.
All emails that are not sent by using Talkdesk will be ignored.
Sending emails to a touchpoint by using that same touchpoint will only create an outbound record.