Once you activate Email in your Talkdesk account, you can see all incoming conversations, assign specific items, initiate an outbound Email, reply to existing ones, transfer the conversation back to the general queue, or close the interaction once the discussion topic is resolved.
All Email conversations — those on a queue and the ones assigned to you specifically — will be visible on the “Conversations” Panel.
Using the Queue Tab
After opening the Conversations app, you can open the Queue  tab and see all new incoming Conversations:
- On the listing, you can see the name or number of the contact person who began a Conversation.
Note: The contact’s name is displayed if it’s a known contact (already saved in Contacts). The email address is displayed if it’s a new contact or if it’s a known contact with more than one email address associated with it.
- A Refresh  icon is displayed at the top, indicating when was the last refresh.
- Next to each contact person’s name or email address, you can see information on the date of the first message that was received . You will also be able to see the friendly name of the message’s recipient.
- By clicking on the Assign  button, you can assign the Email conversation to yourself, and it will be moved to the Assigned to you tab.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can click the + New conversation  icon to open a new conversation. Choose the “Email” option.
Note: The icon on top of the contact indicates the type of conversation:
Using the “Assigned to you” Tab
In the Assigned to you tab, you can open each conversation that has been attributed specifically to you. The conversations in this tab will appear organized by channels (“Live chat”, “SMS”, and “Email”).
After clicking on a conversation, the corresponding message history will appear on the right side of the screen.
The header displays the information regarding the message’s touchpoint  (where it originated from), the email subject line , and the contact’s email .
The far right of the panel features the Snapshot tab, with additional contact details, along with the ring groups that are associated with this contact.
Sending/Replying to Emails
- At the top left of the message editor (message box) is a recipient icon, with the choice of replying, replying to all, or forwarding the message to another contact. While replying, it's also possible to add other recipients in the “CC” and “BCC” fields.
- On the message editor, you can type the new message. To add a new line to the message, press the “Enter” key.
- The message editor features action buttons to expand the message history on your reply, add an attachment, edit the text, and add links. Your email can be sent either by hitting “Shift” + “Enter” on your keyboard, or by clicking the Send  button.
- Once the conversation ends, click on the End chat  button and the conversation will no longer appear on the Assigned to you tab.
- If you cannot resolve this item, choose Send to Queue  and the conversation will be returned to the Queue tab.
- At this time, it is not possible to perform searches on specific terms and items within an Email conversation.
- Email messages can only be sent to one contact at a time.
- You cannot send a message without the subject header.
- Empty messages cannot be sent.
- You won’t be able to forward the email to the same contact person or forward an empty message.
- At this time, only one attachment file may be uploaded at a time. The total size of the email’s attachments is 25 MB.
- The compatible attachment file types are: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf, .jpg, jpeg, .png, .gif, .txt, .bmp, .html, .htm, .mp4, .mp3, .avi, .mov, .ods.
- If sending fails, Agents will receive visual information on the email thread.