Talkdesk for Salesforce offers a streamlined deployment process that allows you to integrate Talkdesk and Salesforce, add Talkdesk licenses and assign permission sets in just a few quick steps.
Before beginning the installation process, please take a moment to confirm you have either an Enterprise, Unlimited or Professional with API access edition of Salesforce.
Step 1: Download Talkdesk for Salesforce
- Locate the Talkdesk for Salesforce package on the Salesforce AppExchange and install it, by clicking ‘Get It Now’  and selecting ‘Log in to the AppExchange’ .
- Enter your login credentials .
Note: If you are already logged in to Salesforce, you will not be shown steps  and . Also, if you already had a package before, and it was upgraded to Version 3, in case you need to reinstall it, please do not proceed with the installation from AppExchange and request assistance to our team at email@example.com.
- Choose if you want to install the package in the production environment or in your sandbox account .
- Next, select which Salesforce profiles you would like to install Talkdesk for Salesforce for and hit ‘Install’ .
We recommend you only install for System Administrators, as you will be able to grant specific users access to Talkdesk for Salesforce at a later step in the configuration process:
- In the popup window, check the box to approve third-party access for all Talkdesk websites . This step ensures that Talkdesk has the necessary permissions to perform remote operations.
- After the install has completed, select the App Launcher section of Salesforce .
- Then, select ‘Talkdesk Lightning’ from the list .
- Select the 'Talkdesk Admin' tab and click the 'Login to Talkdesk'  button to login to your Talkdesk account.
Step 2: Designate Integration Settings
On the following page, you can specify the type of objects that you want Talkdesk to sync. Depending on your use case, you can select Contacts, Leads or both.
You will also be able to select whether or not you would like Talkdesk calls to be logged in Salesforce. Checking the box will automatically log all calls to the Talkdesk Activity object rather than the Standard Activity call object .
We recommend you keep this box checked so you can correlate call data with your other Salesforce data using Talkdesk for Salesforce’s reporting tools. In the next step, you can enable automations so you can continue logging calls to your Standard Activity call object.
Tip #1: Clicking on the gear icon under “Logging” will reveal options for generating sample call data. This sample data will be randomly created and logged to your existing Salesforce records. We’ve included this option for our customers who may want to test out Talkdesk for Salesforce’s call reporting templates. You can remove this sample data without altering your real data at any time by returning to this page.
Step 3: Review Automations
The next step of the configuration process is to review the list of automations currently configured for your call center .
By default, Talkdesk includes 7 predefined automations with the installation package, but you may see more if your call center administrator has already set up additional automations.
In this page, you can enable or disable all available automations. We recommend enabling the automations “When an inbound/outbound disposition is set, log call.”
Although the Talkdesk Activity object will log all calls (including missed, abandoned calls, etc.), enabling these automations allows you to leverage the standard Salesforce Activity and Call Logging functionality. This ensures that agents can see interaction history on calls when looking at a contact/lead/case in Salesforce.
Step 4: Add Talkdesk Users
Adding users to Talkdesk for Salesforce is as simple as checking a box:
- Simply check the boxes next to the users you want to add to your call center and then hit the 'Add User' button .
A message will pop-up asking you to assign your agents a role and a CTI:
Note: Callbar CTI is only recommended for users using Chrome OS. Users using Windows, Mac or Linux machines should have Callbar App installed instead and have Callbar CTI Electron configured as the CTI connector.
Press the 'Add User' button and then 'Next' to proceed.
Doing so will automatically:
- Assign Salesforce Permission Sets to control access to Talkdesk components (admin settings, reporting, etc.)
- Assign the selected Talkdesk for Salesforce CTI
- Allocate the appropriate Talkdesk license
- Assign the selected role in Talkdesk
Roles in Talkdesk work the same way as Permission Sets in Salesforce. The following Talkdesk roles are available by default in Talkdesk for Salesforce:
- Agent/Custom Role - Maps to User Permission Set in Salesforce
- Supervisors - Maps to Manager Permission Set in Salesforce
- Administrators - Maps to Administrator Permission Set in Salesforce
For example, if you want your agents to be able to access Talkdesk Live dashboard, you need to manually assign them the Talkdesk Manager (or Administrator) Permission Set. The User Permission Set maps to the Agent role in Talkdesk, which by default does not provide access to Talkdesk Live (only Supervisors and Admins have this access).
Custom agent roles can also be assigned in Talkdesk for Salesforce and are useful for further segmenting large teams. Learn more about Talkdesk default user roles and how to create custom roles.
You can return to this page in Talkdesk Admin at any time to add additional users or change roles for existing users.
TIP #2: Roles in Talkdesk are equivalent to Permission Sets in Salesforce. For this reason, you can override Talkdesk’s default roles without leaving Salesforce by simply modifying Permission Sets. Learn more about Salesforce Permission Sets.
Note: Adding new users in Salesforce will automatically add the user to your Talkdesk account however, the opposite is not true. Please make sure to always add new users who will be using Salesforce directly in Salesforce and not in the Talkdesk main web application to avoid Callbar errors.
Step 5: Finish!
Hit 'Go To My Talkdesk'  to complete the configuration process, and you’re done! You can visit these pages at any time to change your settings.
Click to Call in Salesforce
After installing the extension, when the agents are in Salesforce they will be able to use click to call with phone numbers appearing in contacts, leads, accounts, and opportunities.