The "Relate to" feature in the Conversations App enables agents to select a Salesforce Case or Opportunity and relate it to the conversation during wrap-up. When the agent finishes a call, SMS, or WhatsApp conversation, the “Relate to” card will appear in the wrap-up screen and show the Salesforce records available to be related with the conversation.
If you wish to relate more than one record to the same call or records different from Cases or Opportunities, check the Salesforce Relate to feature (only available for voice conversations).
Enabling “Relate to” for Conversations App
By default, the “Relate to” Opportunity or Case feature is disabled in Salesforce.
To enable the feature for your account, you must be a Salesforce Administrator with Admin permissions in Talkdesk.
Please follow these steps to enable the feature in Salesforce:
- Select the Talkdesk Admin tab.
- Go to Settings.
- In "Relate to Opportunity or Case" , choose the channels for which the “Relate to” card should appear in the Conversations app, by moving them from the column “Available Channels” to the “Selected” one.
- To disable the feature for all channels, remove all channels from the “Selected” column.
- Then, choose whether you want your agents to relate conversations to Cases Only, Opportunities Only, or both Cases and Opportunities.
- The option chosen will apply to all channels that have “Relate to” available.
- To save your choices, click Save at the end of the page.
- Whether you are enabling or disabling the feature, in order for the change to take effect, all agents under the account need to log out and log back into Conversations.
Using “Relate to” in Conversations
After enabling the feature, follow the next steps in order to use it in Conversations:
- Log in to the CTI client  from your Salesforce instance.
- Log in to Talkdesk Workspace and go to the Conversations App.
- Start a Voice, SMS or WhatsApp conversation to trigger the creation of a Talkdesk Activity in Salesforce.
- When the conversation ends, you will see the wrap-up screen in the Conversations app. Next to “Disposition”, there will be a new card, "Relate to", in which you can select the case/opportunity from the dropdown list.
- Click on the "Relate to" dropdown icon , and select the case/opportunity to which you want to relate the conversation. .
- Click Submit to finalize this process.
- The dropdown is auto-populated with the case or opportunity that is in the agent's focus and meets the criteria for phone number.
- The dropdown search field includes several search filters: name, status, and the ticket’s creation date for Cases. You can also filter Opportunities by name, amount, and stage.
- Hit the Submit button . This will trigger an update on the recently created Talkdesk Activity, and doing so will create a relationship between the conversation and the selected Case or Opportunity on the Salesforce side.
- Please note that if you have Disposition as a mandatory field, it must be filled in before you can proceed to submit the “Relate to” information.
- Agents need to make sure they are logged in to CTI in Salesforce when using the “Relate to" feature, as not doing so will prevent the feature from working properly. In this situation, the "Relate To" dropdown will not display any tickets, besides the None option, and the following error message will appear in the “Relate to” card: “Couldn’t fetch results. Please try again.”.
Mandatory "Relate to" Selection
It is also possible to enforce the selection of a record in the "Relate to" card, before allowing the agent to submit the conversation wrap-up.
This feature can be enabled by following these steps:
- Go to your Talkdesk account > Admin > Integrations > Salesforce.
- Select the Configuration button and tick the “Mandatory Relate to” option. If this option is not checked, the feature will not work.
- Click on the Save button.
- If you are enabling or disabling the feature, for the change to take effect, agents currently logged in will need to refresh the Conversations App.
- Once this option is enabled, it will apply to all channels selected to use the “Relate to” card. It is not possible to configure this to be mandatory for a specific channel and not the others.
- After enabling the feature, Conversations will only allow the conversation information to be submitted, once a "Relate to" option is selected:
Note: Agents will always have the ability to select the None option on the "Relate to" dropdown.
“Relate to” logic for Voice channel
The “Relate to” dropdown is auto-populated with the case or opportunity that is in the agent's focus during call wrap-up.
There may be different options available for selection, presented in the dropdown menu, based on the following criteria:
- Open Cases related to the contact person number.
- Closed Cases related to the contact person number.
- Recent Cases or Opportunities that the agent has watched in the last X minutes.
Relate to” logic for SMS and WhatsApp channels
The “Relate to” dropdown is auto-populated with the case or opportunity that is in the agent's focus during conversation wrap-up, if that record has associated the phone number with whom the conversation happened.
There may be different options available for selection, presented in the dropdown, based on the following criteria:
- Cases not closed that have the contact person phone number.
- Opportunities not closed that have the contact person phone number.
- Cases not closed that have the contact person phone number in any related contact.
- Opportunities not closed that have the contact person phone number in related account or contact role.
- Cases and Opportunities with the status “closed” that fulfill any of the rules above.