With Auto Pop Up for Salesforce Cases (also known as “auto case pop”), admins can configure Talkdesk to automatically display a new case to agents in Salesforce when a call is made or received in Talkdesk, thus reducing agents effort and time, as they can immediately start adding information into the case.
How does it work?
- This functionality is disabled by default in Talkdesk for Salesforce managed packages.
- In Talkdesk, it needs to be enabled on the required automation.
- Talkdesk will then pop cases open in Salesforce for the agent making or receiving the call.
- It’s available in Salesforce Classic, Console, and Lightning.
Note: This feature does not work on some Salesforce Classic tabs namely: Case Details, Reports, Dashboard, Talkdesk Live and Talkdesk Admin.
Enabling the Auto Pop Up Functionality
Follow these steps to enable Auto Pop Up for Salesforce Cases.
- In the App Launcher select Talkdesk.
- In Talkdesk Admin  select the Settings  tab.
- Scroll down to Enable Auto Pop Up Functionality.
- Switch the toggle button  to the “Enabled” position.
Note: Enabling this functionality will only consume one PushTopic and a field will be added to the case object. Also note that standard users, by default, will not be able to Auto Pop Salesforce Cases. To do this, they must be manually assigned PushTopic Read permissions.
Example: Case Pop When an Inbound Call Starts
As an example, the instructions below will guide you how to prompt auto case pop from an inbound call.
- Select Automations .
- Click the Customize  button located at the bottom of the list. This will open the "Integrations Manager" page in Talkdesk.
- Select Salesforce .
- Select Add New Automated Task .
- Use the dropdown menus  under “Choose an event and action” to configure “When an inbound call starts in Talkdesk then create a case in Salesforce”.
- Set “Auto Pop-up Case”  to true.
- Note: Section 3, “Define action”, allows you to customize the Subject, Description, and other parameters by which these cases are created. Visit the article Automated Task Fields for more information.
- Make sure the automation is ON .
- Once finished, click Save .
The auto pop up will also work with other automations. For example:
- When an inbound call ends in Talkdesk, create a case in Salesforce.
- When an outbound call ends in Talkdesk, create a case in Salesforce.
For more information on how to configure your Salesforce automations in Talkdesk, please check Talkdesk for Salesforce Automations.
Note: If you have assignment rules set up in Salesforce, make sure that they are not reassigning the cases created through these automations.
Troubleshooting Auto Case Pop
Auto Pop Up for Salesforce Cases relies on multiple settings to work expectedly. Without the expected configuration, agents may find cases don’t pop when making or answering calls.
The following table summarizes at a high level the steps Talkdesk and Salesforce execute for Auto Case Pop, and required configurations related to those processes.
Note: These troubleshooting suggestions are focused on configuration discrepancies within Talkdesk and Salesforce. Browser-level issues are not comprehensively covered, however, clearing cache/cookies in Chrome, running Chrome on its latest version, and testing the behavior in an incognito window are safe first steps to diagnosing undesirable behavior.
Talkdesk is aware to check Auto Case Pop events
Talkdesk must understand Auto Case Pop is active so that events are interpreted in relation to this feature.
A valid event occurs to fire Auto Case Pop
Talkdesk fires Auto Case Pop events based on the automations where its enabled.
Talkdesk executes Auto Case Pop data to Salesforce
The data associated with Auto Pop Case is sent to Salesforce.
Salesforce and Talkdesk relate the data to a case and Agent
Once Salesforce receives the execution data, it will pop the case to the agent if they are online.
If any issues persist, please contact email@example.com