With auto case pop, admins can configure Talkdesk to automatically display a new case to agents in Salesforce when a call is made or received in Talkdesk, thus reducing agents effort and time, as they can immediately start adding information into the case.
How does it work?
- This functionality is disabled by default in Talkdesk for Salesforce managed packages
- In Talkdesk, it needs to be enabled on the required automation
- Talkdesk will then pop cases open in Salesforce for the agent making or receiving the call
- It’s available in Salesforce Classic, Console, and Lightning
Note: This feature does not work on some Salesforce Classic tabs namely: Case Details, Reports, Dashboard, Talkdesk Live and Talkdesk Admin.
Enabling the Auto Case Pop Up Functionality
To enable the auto case pop functionality in Salesforce, follow these steps:
- In the App Launcher select Talkdesk.
- In ‘Talkdesk Admin’  select the ‘Settings’ tab .
- Scroll down to ‘Enable Auto Pop Up Functionality’.
- Switch this toggle to the right (Enabled position) .
Note: Enabling this functionality will only consume one push topic and a field will be added to the case object.
Enabling case pops in Talkdesk
Follow these steps to setup the automation to create a case in Salesforce when an inbound/outbound call starts in Talkdesk:
- Select Automations .
- Click the 'Customize'  button located at the bottom of the list. Doing so will automatically open a new page that leads to your main Talkdesk account.
Scroll down to the Salesforce integration and click 'Settings' :
- Click the ’Add New Automated Task' button.
- Select the event and action: “When an inbound call starts  in Talkdesk (or “When an outbound call starts” in Talkdesk) then create a case  in Salesforce”.
On the right-hand side, you’ll find editable text boxes where you can customize such fields as the title and body of your message. Drag and drop any of the fields from the left-hand side of the page into the text boxes or simply write it, and Talkdesk will automatically display the correct value in the case created.
- In ‘Auto Pop-up Case’, select ‘true’ from the dropdown list .
- Make sure that the automation is ‘ON’ .
- Once finished, click ‘Save’ .
The automatic case pop up will also work with other automations. For example:
- When an inbound call ends in Talkdesk, create case in Salesforce.
For more information on how to configure your Salesforce automations in Talkdesk, please check Talkdesk for Salesforce Automations.
Note: If you have assignment rules set up in Salesforce, make sure that they are not reassigning the cases created through these automations.