Automated Tasks give teams the ability to be more efficient by sending data to external systems automatically.
It is possible to filter the automated tasks execution by specific criteria (i.e., Talkdesk number dialed, ring group, call duration, tags, etc.). For example, you can configure Talkdesk to only send an email with voicemail transcription when the voicemail was received outside of business hours by filtering this automated task execution by time; or you can configure Talkdesk to log your sales calls on the CRM and log the support ones in your Helpdesk system. The possibilities are endless.
To define an automated task with filtering options:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click on the 'Admin' section  at the top of the page.
- Select the 'Integrations' tab .
- Click on the 'Settings' button for the integration you want to configure.
- Click on 'Add New Automated Task' .
Next, configure the new automated task with one or more filters:
- You can add as many filters as you wish, by clicking on 'Add filter'.
Tasks will only execute when all filters are met. [AND]
From the available filters (agent information, phone number options, call data, among others) Talkdesk pre-populates the possible filter values (like the Talkdesk phone numbers in the account, contact name, agent email, etc), to avoid possible misspellings and configuration errors.
Filtering by change in the agent status:
For the filters related to a change in the agent status, you must type in the statuses with all letters in lowercase, even if the status is configured in Talkdesk with a different capitalization. This applies to both default and custom statuses.
For the automated task "When an agent status changes then Send a message to a slack #channel", configure the filter as follows:
- Select 'Current status', then 'Contains', and type "lunch".
- Click on 'Add filter'.
- Select 'Previous status', then 'Contains’, and type "available".
Note: Using the filter 'Contains' with the statuses away or busy will trigger automations to fire for all custom statuses you have created for these two statuses (ie. all your yellow and red statuses, including On a Call).
To be notified for changes using the agent statuses named 'away' or 'busy' only you should use the filter 'Is equal' instead.
- When you have finished, please remember to click 'Save' at the bottom of the page to apply your settings.
Filtering by agent's ring group:
When configuring an automated task with the agent’s ring group in the filter, the automated task will not work if you set up the filter with 'Is equal'. Thus, you must select 'Contains' from the dropdown list and then type in the name of the ring group.
For the automated task "When an agent logs out of Talkdesk then Create a new ticket in Zendesk", configure the filter as follows:
- Select 'Agent: Agent ringing groups' from the dropdown list.
- Select 'Contains' from the second dropdown list.
- Type "sales" in the field.
Filtering by in Business Hours:
To set business hours for the automated task "When a call is missed in Talkdesk then send an email in Email Notifier", configure the filter as follows:
- Select 'In business hours?' from the dropdown list.
- Select 'Is equal' from the second dropdown list.
- Type "true" in the field.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page to apply your settings.