Administrators can define and edit team roles (i.e., agent, support manager, supervisor, administrator, etc.), specify unique Talkdesk settings for each team role and assign agents to specific team roles within Talkdesk.
How to Configure Team Roles
To configure team roles follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Select the "Admin" section at the top of the page .
- Click the "Roles" tab .
By default the following team roles are configured:
- Agent: Will only be able to access the "Agent Dashboard" (i.e., "Call History", "Contacts" and "Voicemail"). They will not be able to edit preferences, configure settings or view advanced reports.
- Administrator: Will be able to access the "Administrator Dashboard" (i.e., "Call History", "Contacts", "Voicemail", "Reporting" and "Admin"), edit preferences and configure settings.
- Supervisor: Will only be able to access the "Supervisor Dashboard" (i.e., "Call History", "Contacts", "Voicemail" and "Reporting"). They will not be able to edit preferences or configure settings.
How to Define New Roles
To define a new role follow these steps:
- Click the "Add New Role" button or click the "Clone Role" link  if you wish to clone a previously existent role.
- Enter the name of the new role in the box and click the "Check" icon .
- Follow the directions below to define the permissions for the role.
How to Define and Edit Permissions for a Role
To define and edit permissions for a role follow these steps:
- Click the "Pencil" icon  in the permissions column next to the role you want to change.
- A window will popup with options for configuring this team role .
- To configure which Talkdesk tabs are visible to agents in this team role check the box next to the name of the tab .
- To configure which features are available to agents in this team role, check the boxes next to the name of the feature  and the permission you wish to grant. You can allow them to (when applicable):
- Create (add new settings eg. add new numbers or agents)
- View the feature
- Update (edit the settings for the feature)
- and/or Delete settings for the feature (eg. delete agents, numbers, etc).
- To configure the scope of data team members can view in each specific Talkdesk tab, select from the dropdown menu next to "Scope" :
- By changing the scope from All to Ring Groups in each of these tabs, when they go to Recent Calls, for example, they will only see calls for their teams (the ring groups they are assigned to).
- If you set the scope to Agent, they will only get the data relevant to their own usage.
- Click "Save" to apply these settings .
How to Assign a Team Member to a Role
To assign a team member to a role follow these steps:
- Go to the "Agents" tab .
- Click on the name of the agent to whom you would like to assign a role.
- Select the desired role in the dropdown menu next to "Role" .
- Click "Save" to apply these settings.
To bulk assign team members to a role, follow the instructions here instead.