With Talkdesk Quality Management™ (QM) you can evaluate specific calls handled in Talkdesk or other interactions by using the built-in call recording player and the Evaluations feature.
Note: If you wish to install the QM app, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Evaluating a Call
To evaluate completed calls, you first need to create at least one scoring form. To learn more, please read the article Building Forms in Quality Management (QM).
You also need to make sure that the call recording feature is enabled for inbound and/or outbound calls. To learn more, please read the article Call Recording.
Using the Advanced Player
Once you set up the first form, please follow these steps to evaluate a call:
- Go to the Calls section  and select the play button next to the call you wish to evaluate .
- Click the Advanced Player button . This will take you to the Evaluations tab within the Quality Management app.
- Select a form from the drop-down list, and click on Start evaluation .
The evaluation's page will open and here you can play and evaluate the call by using the different available options:
- You can use the quick section rating to evaluate each section . Simply choose the most suitable rating icon:
- Selecting a green (happy) rating will auto-select the highest point responses;
- Selecting a red (sad) rating will auto-select the lowest point responses;
- Selecting a yellow (neutral) rating will expand the section and allow you to manually select the responses. You can also expand each section and answer each question of the form individually, at any time .
Note: The evaluations are bi-directional, which means that changing the response to a question of the form will also change the rating that you selected for that section, and vice-versa.
- Next to the timeline of the call recording, at the top of the page, you can add comments  and tie them to the evaluation, by associating these comments with a specific section of the form, and the question within that section (if the evaluation has been started already).
- It's also possible to add coaching feedback (reaction and/or comment) and tie it to a specific moment in the call recording. To do this, click on Amazing or To improve .
- If the evaluation hasn't been started yet (i.e. you didn't click on Start evaluation, as described in step 3. above), the reactions and/or comments that you add will be independent of the evaluation;
- Once an evaluation has been started, then any reactions added in the timeline of the recording (and associated with a specific section) will be applied to the evaluation as a rating for that section. "Amazing" will update the section with a green (happy) rating; "To improve" will update the section with a red (sad) rating; a mix of both "Amazing" and "To improve" will apply a yellow (neutral) rating;
- Comments can be added and associated with a section and question;
- To remove a reaction or comment, click on it and press Delete;
- Comment text can be changed by clicking Edit;
- Reactions and comments can only be edited or deleted by their original creator.
- The timeline represents the call recording that you are evaluating, and it's divided into two sections horizontally :
- The top section is the contact's side of the call;
- The bottom is the agent's side of the call;
- You can play and pause the recording as needed, among other actions by using the controls at your disposal .
Note: The Show screen option will be available if you purchase the Screen Recording add-on. For more information, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- The evaluation remains in the "Draft" status until you complete it by clicking the Submit button . Once this is done, the results will be calculated:
- Points achieved out of points possible, for each question, section, and total;
- The total raw score and percentage out of 100%.
Editing Completed Evaluations
The owner of the evaluation (the user who performed the evaluation) will see the Edit Evaluation button at the bottom of the evaluation page; clicking this button will open the evaluation in edit mode where changes can be made and the updated version submitted. If the evaluation was made by QM Assist (AI Scored status) it can be edited by any Supervisor. Their name will then be attached to the evaluation and becomes visible to the agent.
Evaluating Other Interactions
In QM, you can start an evaluation without choosing a specific call.
To do this, please follow these steps:
- On the Evaluations tab, click the New evaluation button .
- Select the agent's name and the form to be used . You can add a reference ID, URL, or other information associated with the interaction you want to evaluate (e.g., a chat).
- Hit Continue .
- The evaluation's page will open:
- The process is the same as for a call, and the only difference is that the call recording player is not displayed. For more details on how to perform the evaluation, please read the above instructions.
The landing page of the Evaluations tab includes the evaluations that have been started or completed.
Note: By default, supervisors/evaluators can only see the evaluations they have completed and evaluations associated with the ring groups/queues they’re part of. To learn more about QM permissions, please check the article QM Overview.
- At the top, you will see the following metrics:
- "Average Score" : The average of all scores that were calculated in the time period selected, based on the corresponding total of evaluations. The trend arrow icon compares data to a previous time period, based on the current time frame that is selected, to determine if the quality is going up or down over time. For example, if "This Month" is selected, then the trend arrow comparison will be looking at “This Month” and comparing this data to "Last Month" (same/equal time period for a true comparison over time).
- "Top Skill" : The section on a form which has received the highest score, based on completed evaluations during the selected time period.
- "Bottom Skill" : The section on a form which has received the lowest score, based on completed evaluations during the selected time period.
Note: You need at least 50 completed evaluations in order to start seeing data for the "Top Skill" and "Bottom Skill" metrics.
- Below the metrics, you will see the date filters and other options :
- "Agent": The name of the agent that is being evaluated. Click on the agent's name to edit drafts, and view completed evaluations and detailed scores.
- "Queues": The ring groups associated with the agent and the call that was evaluated.
- "Team": The team to which the agent belonged at the time when the evaluation was completed/submitted.
- "Status": Draft or Completed.
- "Score": Global score out of 100%.
- "Date": The date when the evaluation draft was initiated (may or may not be the same day as when the evaluation was submitted).
- "Evaluator": The name of the supervisor who completed or started the evaluation.
- "Recorded on": The date of the call recording.
For additional support, please contact your Custom Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.