With Talkdesk Quality Management™ (QM) you can evaluate specific calls handled in Talkdesk, or other interactions, by using the built-in call recording player, and the "Evaluations" feature.
Note: If you wish to install the QM app, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
In this article, you will find information on:
- Initiating an Evaluation:
- Evaluating Other Interactions
- Performing Evaluations
- Submitting an Evaluation
- Creating a Coaching Opportunity
- Editing Completed Evaluations
To evaluate completed calls, you first need to create at least one scoring form. To learn more, please read the Building Forms in Quality Management (QM) article.
Make sure that the call recording feature is enabled for inbound and/or outbound calls. To learn more, please read the Call Recording article.
Initiating an Evaluation
There are three starting points available to choose an interaction and begin an evaluation:
- By accessing the Activities application.
- By selecting the Calls section.
- By accessing the Evaluations page.
To learn how to perform an evaluation for Inbound, Outbound, and/or Transferred calls through the Activities app, please follow the steps below:
1. Access Activities on Talkdesk Workspace.
2. Click the Evaluate button  next to each call. You’ll be redirected to Quality Management, where you can start an evaluation.
- You can also start an evaluation from the Create evaluation from… button on Evaluations. Bear in mind that you need the corresponding Interaction ID. For more information, please check this article’s “Evaluations” section.
- Selecting the agent involved in the interaction is only required if it is a “Transferred” call with more than one agent involved.
- On the Activities app page, you can also start an evaluation of SMS interactions that occurred using the Talkdesk Digital Customer Engagement (DCE) solution. Note: For now, “Chat” evaluations can only be started by selecting the Create evaluation from… button on Evaluations. Keep in mind that you need the corresponding Interaction ID. For more information, please check this article’s “Evaluations” section.
Once you set up the first form, please follow these steps:
1. Go to the Calls section  and select the play button  next to the call you wish to evaluate.
2. Click the Advanced Player button . This will take you to the Evaluations tab within the Quality Management app.
For both Activities app and the Calls section, an evaluation from a call starts the same way once you’re in the QM app:
Select a form from the drop-down list and click on Start evaluation . Then, the evaluation page will open, for you to play and evaluate the call, using the available options.
You can start evaluations of Voice, SMS, and Chat through the Evaluations page using your interaction ID. To learn how to do so, please follow the steps below:
1. On the Evaluations tab, click on the Create evaluation from…button .
2. Select the Talkdesk option .
3. On the “Interaction source”  field, you can change the source by selecting the available options in the dropdown. Use “Interaction ID”  to insert the interaction’s unique identifier and get the metadata associated with the interaction.
As shown in the image above, after adding an “Interaction ID”, it will be verified. In case it is valid, the type of interaction will be shown (Inbound or Outbound call, Chat, and/or SMS).
The “Agent” to evaluate  and “Queue(s)”  will be automatically filled with the data that belongs to the interaction. You can also pick an “Evaluation form”  template to be used on the evaluation.
4. Click Create evaluation  to open the evaluation page.
Evaluating Other Interactions
In QM, you can start an evaluation without choosing a specific call or linking to an interaction/document outside Talkdesk's platform. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. On the Evaluations tab, click the Create evaluation from… .
2. Then, on the dropdown, select the Other option .
3. On the “Interaction source”  you can change the source by selecting the available options in the dropdown. If you wish to make an evaluation of an external interaction, select the “Interaction reference” field . Here you can add a reference ID, URL, or other information associated with the interaction you want to evaluate (e.g. evaluating a document) Note: External interactions, not yet supported by the app, will not import any data from those platforms.
You can choose an “Agent” to evaluate  and, if you want to control the group of users who can access the evaluation, select a “Queue(s)” . You can also pick an “Evaluation form”  template to be used on the evaluation.
4. Hit Create evaluation .
5. The “Evaluation” page will open. Then, the process is the same as for a call (rating the sections and answering each question), and the only difference is that the call recording player is not displayed.
After initiating an evaluation using one of the above-mentioned starting points (Activities application, Calls section, or Evaluations page), select one of the following rating icons :
- Selecting a green (happy) rating will auto-select the highest point responses.
- Selecting a red (sad) rating will auto-select the lowest point responses.
- Selecting a yellow (neutral) rating will expand the section and allow you to select the responses manually.
While rating the sections, expand them and answer each question of the form individually, at any time . In case you wish to change the selection, click Clear selection .
Note: The evaluations are bidirectional, meaning that changing the response to a question on the form will also change the rating you selected for that section, and vice-versa.
In case of an inbound and/or outbound call, you can add comments , next to the timeline of the call recording. You can also tie them to the evaluation, by associating the comments with a specific section of the form, and the question within that section (if the evaluation already started).
It's also possible to add coaching feedback (reaction and/or comment) and link it to a specific moment in the call recording. To do this, click on Amazing or To improve .
- If the evaluation hasn't started yet (i.e. you didn't click on Start evaluation), the reactions and/or comments that you add, will be independent of the evaluation.
- Once an evaluation has started, all the reactions added in the timeline of the recording (and associated with a specific section) will be applied to the evaluation as a rating for that section:
- "Amazing" will update the section with a green (happy) rating;
- "To improve" will update the section with a red (sad) rating;
- A mix of both "Amazing" and "To improve" will apply a yellow (neutral) rating.
- Comments can be added and associated with a section and question.
- To remove a reaction or comment, click on it and press "Delete".
- Comment text can be changed by clicking "Edit".
- Reactions and comments can only be edited or deleted by their original creator.
The timeline represents the call recording you are evaluating, and is divided into two sections horizontally :
- The top section is the contact's side of the call.
- The bottom is the agent's side of the call.
- You can play and pause the recording as needed, among other actions .
Note: The Show screen option will only be available if you purchase the Screen Recording add-on. For more information, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Submitting an Evaluation
The evaluation will remain in "Draft" status until you complete rating each section and answering each question of the form. Then, click on the Submit button . The results will be calculated according to:
- Points achieved (out of points possible, for each question, section, and total).
- The total raw score and percentage (out of 100%).
Creating a Coaching Opportunity
Once the evaluation is submitted, you can optionally create a coaching session to give agents the possibility to improve their performance evaluations. To learn how to start coaching, please follow the instructions below:
1. Click on the Coach button  to create a new coaching opportunity. If the request was successful, a success message is shown. Note that the Coach button is only displayed if:
- You have Talkdesk Performance Management™ (PM) enabled in your account.
- The current evaluation is submitted.
- There is no coaching opportunity or session associated with the current evaluation.
- To be able to both view Coaching sessions and create Coaching opportunities (see the Coach button), you will need to have the following PM permissions:
2. After clicking on the “Coach” button, you can either:
- Select the Go to Coaching option .
- Click the Go to coaching button on the success message .
Note: To be able to view created Coaching sessions (Go to coaching button), you will need to have the following PM permissions:
3. By clicking the Go to coaching button, or on the success message, you will be redirected to Performance Management. Note: If you wish to continue coaching later, you can directly access the “Performance management” app > “Opportunities” tab.
4. On the “Coaching” side panel , you can:
- See the agent name .
- Change who the evaluator (“Coach”) is .
- Check the evaluation score, as well as the “Negative”, “Neutral” and “Positive” evaluation points .
- Click on the link, to see the evaluation details in another tab (e.g. the form used to evaluate, transcription, among other details) .
- Add coaching notes, for instance, to record feedback, and give some recommendations, and next steps .
- Schedule the date and set the “Duration” of the coaching session .
- Check the box if you have already delivered the coaching .
5. When you’re done, select Create session . Then, the coaching session is saved and shared with the agent.
Editing Completed Evaluations
Only users with “Edit” permission will see the Edit Evaluation button at the bottom of the evaluation page.
Click it to open the evaluation in edit mode, where changes can be made, and the updated version can be submitted.
Note: If the evaluation was made by Talkdesk QM Assist™ ("AI Scored" status) it can be edited by any supervisor. Their name will then be attached to the evaluation and become visible to the agent.
For additional support, please contact your Customer Success Manager.