Talkdesk Screen Recording allows you to access a full view of the agent’s desktop activity while they’re handling phone calls, to ensure high-quality customer experiences and procedural compliance.
- If you wish to enable Screen Recording, you need to also have Talkdesk Quality Management enabled as well. Please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to do so.
- Talkdesk's routing system and call recording must be configured in order to use Screen Recording.
- Once Screen Recording is enabled, there is no notification to the agents/users. They will not know unless you inform them.
- Screen Recording is available in Conversations app (Desktop App version only).
- The minimum of additional bandwidth on top of the 100Kbps for Audio Calls is 500Kbps (not considering other apps running on the Desktop, and/or bigger screen resolutions).
- The bandwidth required is proportional to the screen resolution. If you are using big resolutions across multiple monitors and even 4k, the minimum requirements should increase about 2Mbps.
Enabling Agents for Screen Recording
Once Screen Recording is enabled for your account, you can choose which users will have their screen recorded by following the steps below:
1. Open the app's settings .
2. On the Users tab  select the users  for whom you wish to enable Screen Recording.
3. Click on the Save changes button .
Note: If you don’t see all the users that you want to enable for Screen Recording, please ensure they are first selected/enabled in the Quality Management application by using the same steps.
How Screen Recording Works
When agents are enabled in the Screen Recording application, and they are on a phone call that is being recorded, their screens will also be recorded.
Note: Clicking pause/resume call recording will pause/resume the screen recording as well.
When agents have multiple monitors, the monitor on which the agent is actively working will be detected based on agent mouse movements/clicks, and we will record it, then switch (behind the scenes) as the agent switches from working on one monitor to another (one video is captured).
The screen recording finishes when the call ends. However, if After Call Work is enabled for the agents using Screen Recording, the screen recording will resume and continue until the “After Call Work” status is changed to another status, or until the After Call Work Timeout is reached, depending on what happens first. The video, without audio, will be added to the interaction and will be visible on the “Advanced Player” when accessing the related call.
Evaluating Calls with Screen Recording
You are able to provide feedback related to a screen recording, by adding it to the timeline when evaluating a call:
1. After clicking on the Screen Recordings icon in My Apps, you will be redirected to the Evaluations tab  from the Quality Management app.
2. Play audio in sync with screen recordings by clicking on the Show screen button . Note: After clicking on this button, it will change to Hide screen instead.
3. You can click on the Expand icon  on the player to make the screen view larger. Note: This button then changes to a Shrink icon, to go back to the previous thumbnail view.
4. Click on the Open in new tab icon on the player , to open the screen recording playback in a new tab. Note: This new tab can then be moved to a second monitor so that the call recording can be played and evaluated on the first monitor, and the screen recording can be viewed in full-screen mode on the second monitor.
5. To close the screen recording, simply select the Hide screen icon .
For more information about evaluations, please refer to Performing Evaluations in QM article.