Activities, a part of Agent Workspace, provides a view of a list of activities per agent, as well as key details on each individual action, based on the agent’s roles and permissions. For more information on roles and permissions, please visit our documentation here.
The app displays a list of historical data regarding incoming and outgoing calls, including missed, abandoned, and transferred calls.
Below, you can read our guide to learn more about:
Enter the Talkdesk CX Cloud and click on the "Activities"  icon on the left menu’s app listing.
Using the Activities Log Information
When entering the app, the top left corner of the screen will display the total number of activities  you have listed, above the actual list of results.
The screen’s information is divided into the following fields:
- “Activity”  - The type of activity (e.g. Inbound or Outbound calls)
- “Agent”  - The name of the agent that handled the call.
- “When”  - The date and time of the call (e.g. when it was picked up by the agent or when it reached the contact center).
- “Duration”  - The length in minutes and seconds.
- “Ring groups”  - Indicates the ring groups associated with the call. If a ring group is not displayed, it's because it was directly assigned to another agent.
All activities from an interaction are shown on this main screen, providing complete information to agents regarding the details of the contact with customers. This includes, for example, if the call was transferred to another agent, thus giving full context on customer interactions.
Each listing result features a set of quick action buttons (depending on if the contact is already added to your Contact List or not):
- “Create Contact”  - Click to open a side panel and edit the contact information.
- “Click-to-Call”  - Click to call the number immediately, either on Callbar or on Conversations.
Using the Filters
Using filters is an effective way to refine your search results. To open the Filters menu, press the Filters  icon on the far right of the screen, which will open a right-side panel with the following dropdown options:
- "Activity type"  - The type of Call you want to search.
- "Contact"  - Search for one specific contact.
- "Agent"  - Search by the agent that handled the call.
- "When"  - Ability to filter by date/time when the call was handled.
- "Ring groups"  - You can choose one or more ring groups in this filter.
After making your choices, you will need to press one of the choices at the bottom:
- Apply  - The filters will only take effect once you click this button.
- Clear  - Click to reset all filters chosen.
By applying the filters, you will be directed back to the main Activities page, where you will be able to see a blue badge filter indicator , over the "Filters" icon. This badge indicates how many filters are currently applied in your search.
The “Active Filters” bar  is now displayed as well, beneath the number of total Activities they have matched. This bar displays which filters are currently applied. You can remove each filter individually, by clicking the “X” icon  next to each name.
The Clear all  button at the far right of the bar will remove all filters from the search you have submitted.
Accessing the Snapshot Tab
To find more details on the activity of each call, you can access the Snapshot Tab. By clicking on each activity’s specific row, a panel will open with the “Activity Details”. Here you can find more information regarding:
- "Activity type": The type of call.
- "Contact": Click-to-Call is also actionable in this menu, by pressing the contact’s phone number or the “Telephone” icon.
- "Via": The number that received the call.
- "Agent": The agent in your organization that handled the call.
- "Ring groups": Which are associated with a specific activity.
- "When": The date and time of the call.
- "Duration": How long the call was, in minutes or seconds.
- "Unique Interaction ID Number": You can click the “Clipboard”* button to copy the interaction ID. Data from the clipboard can be pasted/copied into a document or program using the "Paste" command.
- "Call Recording Player" : When available, you can click this player to listen to the recording of the call. The player is located at the bottom of the screen and features the following options:
- “Rewind 30 Seconds”.
- “Fast Forward 30 Seconds”.
- “Speed Rate”.
- Download (This option allows you to download an Mp3 file with the call’s audio).
Editing Contact Details
While still in the Snapshot tab, two Quick Action buttons are visible within the “Contact” field. One of which is the “Click-to-Call”  option, which allows you to immediately call this number by pressing the icon.
The other Quick Action icon is the “Edit” Contact” button . Clicking it will open a new side panel where you can change and/or eliminate relevant information from that contact’s profile.
The following fields are available:
- “Name” (this field comes pre-filled with the number used for the call. Delete it and write the contact’s name information).
- “Number(s)” (you can also add more numbers to this contact by clicking on the Add another number  button).
- "Job title".
After completing the information, you can save it by clicking the Save  button. You may also click on Cancel  to return to the Activities list without saving the added information.
Note: There is no option to delete a contact from this menu. To do so, please use the Contacts app. Read our Contacts guide here.