Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice (T4SCV) integrates Talkdesk voice communications with Salesforce Service Cloud Voice – all in one central view embedded within the Salesforce UI.
In order to use the full capabilities of this product, the following is required:
- Service Cloud Voice licenses.
- Salesforce org using the Lightning Experience UI.
- Talkdesk For Salesforce package (at least version 5.3 installed and integrated).
To set up Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice in your Salesforce org, please follow the steps below.
- After Conversation Work Component
- Call Recording and Pause/Resume Functionality
- Configuring the Inbound Call Flow
- Dynamic Outbound Call ID
- Call Transcripts
- Auto Pop for Salesforce Cases
- Mask Phone Number
- Salesforce Features
Enabling Omni-Channel in the Salesforce org
Before installing the managed package, Omni-channel must be enabled in the Salesforce org. To activate it, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup and select Omni-channel Settings  under Omni-channel.
- Tick the “Enable Omni-Channel” checkbox .
- Click Save .
Enabling Service Cloud Voice
To enable SCV, follow these steps:
- On Setup, choose Partner Telephony Setup .
Note: Make sure you have a Salesforce custom domain set on your org.
- Click the toggle to enable the Service Cloud Voice .
Installing Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice Managed Package
Make sure you are a System administrator in Salesforce and Talkdesk with permissions to install packages in the Salesforce org. Go to App Exchange and install the Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice managed package for Admins only:
Creating the Contact Center
To create the contact center, make sure the integration of the Talkdesk for Salesforce package is completed. Otherwise, the Setup button will be disabled.
Search for Talkdesk Contact Center on the app launcher then open this app. Then:
- Navigate to the SCV Talkdesk Admin tab.
- Select the SCV Setup Data tab , click Setup . The XML file will be downloaded.
- Choose Salesforce Setup .
- In the Setup page, click on the Create Contact Center  button.
- Select the appropriate contact center based on region and environment.
- Choose Next .
- Upload the XML file you just downloaded.
- The Salesforce Integration User License should not be used in Salesforce to integrate T4SF or T4SCV. The license will cause several problems, including Talkdesk activities not being created and contact and agent sync failing.
- The default region is the US.
- The regions have to match between the Talkdesk account and the T4SCV contact center. If they don’t, an error will be shown and the contact center will not be created.
Now you can update the Country Code prefix. When making a call, if a country code isn’t provided, Salesforce appends the country code specified in the call center settings.
- Click on the contact center created - Talkdesk for SCV .
- Edit the Country Code prefix you want to use as default.
Assign Contact Center to Users
Users must be created on both the Talkdesk and Salesforce sides and must have the same email address to be recognized as the same user.
Note: If the above requirement is not met, some features, such as presence sync and call transfers, will not work.
To activate and assign a contact center to users, follow these steps:
- Click the Talkdesk Admin tab .
- Go to Users .
- Click Add User . The users can be selected in bulk, just make sure they all should have the same role and contact center.
- Select the user role  and the contact center  you want to assign.
When you select a role and a contact center, the permission sets will be automatically assigned to the user.
If you need to change the user role or contact center of already active users,follow these steps starting from the same tab:
- Select Active Users .
- Select the user you want to configure.
- Select the appropriate action: Change Role , Change CTI , or Deactivate .
Note: Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice is not compatible with Talkdesk Conversations App. Make sure Talkdesk Conversations App is disabled for users using T4SCV.
Configuring Salesforce Omni-Channel Statuses
- Go to Setup and search for Omni-Channel .
- Click on Presence Statuses  to start creating and editing your Omni-Channel statuses.
Any newly added status should then be mapped to a Talkdesk status, as described in the following section.
Note: The newly created statuses must be added to each user’s profile before it can be applied.
Mapping Omni-Channel status to Talkdesk status
- Open the Talkdesk Admin tab .
- Go to the OmniChannel tab .
- Enable the status sync by switching the toggle to the right .
- Configure the mapping between Salesforce Omni-Channel statuses and Talkdesk statuses.
- This configuration step is mandatory. Lack of configuration can result in desynchronized statuses. For instance, if an agent is set as available in Salesforce Omni-channel and set as “on a call” in Talkdesk, that agent will not receive any inbound calls.
- Click refresh if, during this process, any custom status you created fails to appear in the table.
- Presence sync is currently unidirectional, from Salesforce to Talkdesk, meaning that changes in Omni-Channel statuses should change to the corresponding status in Talkdesk, but the opposite is currently unavailable.
Disabling Inbound/Outbound Dispositions
In order to be able to make/receive calls in SCV, Talkdesk Inbound/Outbound Dispositions need to be disabled. To do so, follow these steps.
Note: If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access the Admin section and all features described below by navigating to the Admin app. For more information, please refer to this article.
- Log in to your Talkdesk account, and choose the Admin tab .
- Select Agents .
- In the “Call Disposition Dialog” section  make sure the “Inbound Calls” and “Outbound Calls” fields are unselected.
Configuring Your Console App for Service Cloud Voice
To configure your console app for Service Cloud Voice, you will need to follow the Salesforce guide and add the Talkdesk Connector utility item to your console.
To add the Talkdesk Connector, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup.
- Under Apps select App Manager .
- Click the dropdown next to the console app you want to add the Talkdesk Connector to, then click Edit .
- Under Utility Items [Desktop Only] , click Add Utility Item .
- Select Talkdesk .
Make sure Start automatically is selected.
“Click Save and Done.”
After Conversation Work Component
The Voice Call record is the center of the SCV interactions, including management of after call work time. Salesforce allows you to configure a timeframe in which after call work can be performed, and during this timeframe the agent’s capacity will be reduced.
Check here to find out how to configure and use the After Conversation Work component.
Call Recording and Pause/Resume Functionality
When call recording is configured in Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice, calls will be automatically recorded.
For privacy and legal compliance reasons, you might need to pause the recording when sensitive information is being exchanged and resume when it’s appropriate.
Configuring the Inbound Call Flow
To be able to receive inbound calls in Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice, you need to configure a Studio flow in Talkdesk.
Check here to learn how to configure the inbound call flow.
Dynamic Outbound Call ID
To be able to define business rules to choose which outbound phone number is displayed when a call is launched, you need to enable the Dynamic Outbound Caller ID feature.
Check here to learn how to enable it.
As an add-on, Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice provides real time call transcription within the voice call records page. Check here how to access the call transcript within the voice call record.
Note: In order for the agent to have direct access to call transcripts, the Agent Assist Talkdesk functionality must be enabled for each agent that uses Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice as part of the setup process. Please refer to Support or Professional Services for this.
Auto Pop for Salesforce Cases
With Auto Pop Up for Salesforce Cases (also known as “auto case pop”), admins can configure Talkdesk to automatically display a new case to agents in Salesforce when a call is made or received.
When a voice call record is opened and in focus, the case will pop in a secondary tab. Otherwise, it will pop in a Salesforce primary tab.
Check here to learn how to enable the auto pop for Salesforce cases.
- The case pop only works on console apps.
- If Auto Pop Case is not working after installing T4SCV, please restart the Enable Auto Pop Up Functionality setting (turn it off and on again).
Mask Phone Number
When the “Mask Phone Number” setting is enabled, the phone number displayed on the Omni-channel for outbound calls will be masked.
This can be enabled on Salesforce under SCV Talkdesk Admin > SCV Settings > Mask Phone Number.
Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice supports several Salesforce features. To configure Salesforce features, please follow the instructions in the Salesforce help articles.
- Einstein Conversation Insights
- Sales Engagement (High Velocity Sales)
- Auto-Accept Work Items
- Salesforce Omni-channel flows
- Only the first leg of the recording will be available for Einstein Conversation Insights. This means that if the call is paused or transferred, the recording will not be fully shared.
- For Einstein Conversation Insights, voice call recordings are stored in Salesforce for two years and don’t count against your data storage limits. Click here to learn more about Security and Data Storage.