When you configure call recording in T4SCV, inbound and outbound calls will automatically be recorded.
For privacy and legal compliance reasons, you might need to pause the recording when sensitive information is being exchanged and resume when it’s appropriate.
In T4SCV, when a call recording is paused, the audio stops being recorded and the transcriptions stop being displayed.
Enabling the Pause/Resume Functionality
To allow call recording, you have to enable recordings and pause recording in Talkdesk. To learn how to do so, please read our Call Recording article.
On the Salesforce side, agents need the “Control Call Recordings” permission in order to have the possibility to pause/resume a call recording. This permission is part of the “SCV Talkdesk Administrator” and “SCV Talkdesk User” permission set and is disabled by default.
To enable the pause/resume for certain users, we need to clone the permission set and change the app permissions. To do so, follow these steps:
- In Setup, go to Permission Sets .
- Select the permission you want to change (SCV Talkdesk Administrator or SCV Talkdesk User).
- Click Clone 
- Give it a different Label and Api Name and click Save.
- Go to App Permissions .
- Click Edit .
- Check the Control Call Recording permission  and Save the changes.
- Click Manage Assignments  to add this permission set to users. Finally, remove the previous permission set from the same users.
Pausing/Resuming Recordings and Transcriptions
Once the pause/resume is enabled both on Salesforce and on Talkdesk, two new buttons will be displayed during a call:
Here you can see the toggle in the phone component  and the button in the Omni-channel widget .
When the recording settings in Talkdesk are enabled, the toggle will be active by default. If the user doesn’t have pause/resume permissions, the recording toggle/button remains enabled, but nothing happens when the user clicks on it.
When the recording toggle or button is grayed out, it means that the call is not being recorded. If the agent pauses the recording, the transcriptions will also stop and will not be stored.
Every time a call is paused/resumed, a new recording leg is created. For example, if you pause/resume a call 3 times, you will have a recording with 4 legs.
The first leg of the recording will appear in the Voice Call record and in the Talkdesk Activity after a call ends (check this article on how to enable the call recording player in the voice call).
In the call recording player in the voice call, there are a few actions that can be performed:
- Controls to play the audio and to fast-forward or rewind by 15 seconds .
- Change the playback speed .
- Comment by clicking the blue line below the progression bar on the call recording and entering your comment .
In the Talkdesk Activity, you can find the first part of the recording leg in the “Recording”  section:
At the moment, it’s only possible to access the full recording in Talkdesk. To do so:
- Access Calls .
- Click the play button  in the call record.
- A pop-up will display the several call legs.
- To access the recording, the agent has to be successfully logged in to Talkdesk through the Omni-channel component.
- The agent needs to have the necessary Talkdesk role permissions to access a given recording; these permissions are given at the agent level on Talkdesk.
- The call is only recorded if there is any sound to record. If both caller and agent are silent, then no recording will be available.
- Whenever a call ends, the recording takes a few seconds to load. If the recording player shows the message “We can't load the recording”, please refresh the Lightning tab 5 seconds after the call ends.
- On a successfully transferred call, only the last agent will be able to have access to the recording and to the last voice call record created.
As an add-on, Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice provides real time call transcription within the voice call records page. When a call ends, the transcription is saved in the voice call and can be found in the Conversation widget .
- In order for the agent to have direct access to call transcripts, the Agent Assist Talkdesk functionality must be enabled for each agent that uses Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice as part of the setup process. Please refer to Support or Professional Services for this.
- Once the transcriptions are enabled, they are by default active for all agents.
- Transcripts are not generated for calls between agents. As an example, during a call transfer, when both agents are connected, transcripts are not created.
- To set up transcriptions in other languages besides English, please follow the instructions provided in the Agent Assist: Language Selection article.