The Voice Call record is the center of the Service Cloud Voice (SCV) interactions, including management of After Conversation Work (ACW) time. Salesforce allows you to configure a timeframe for post-conversation work, during which the agent’s capacity will be reduced.
Note: Over the course of this article, we refer to After Conversation Work, a Salesforce component, and After Call Work, a Talkdesk status. The two should not be confused.
Enabling After Conversation Work
To be able to use the After Conversation Work widget, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup and select Omni-Channel .
- Click on Service Channels .
- Click Edit  in the Phone channel.
- Tick the “Give agents wrap-up time after conversations”  option.
- Input the desirable wrap-up time after conversations end (in seconds) .
- On Talkdesk Main, the After Call Work setting should be enabled, and the After Call Work Timeout and Call Disposition Dialog settings should be disabled. This can be done inside the Agent’s profile, under Admin.
- More information about After Conversation Work configuration can be found here.
Adding the After Conversation Work Component to the Voice Call Page Layout
By adding the After Conversation Work component to the Voice Call Record page, you allow agents to mark After Conversation Work as finished before the timeframe elapses and return to full capacity. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to a Voice Call record page .
- Click on the setup icon  and select Edit Page .
- In edit mode, choose the After Conversation Work component .
- Drag and drop the component to the voice call page and click Save.
- If the After Conversation Work component is not added to the Voice Call layout, the user can only finish after call work by closing the voice call.
- At the end of After Conversation Work, the user’s capacity will no longer consider the number of Voice Call records left open.
- If After Conversation Work is not configured, then Salesforce will take the number of open Voice Call records as the measure to evaluate agent capacity occupancy. This information can be seen in the Omni-Channel supervisor app.
Syncing the ACW status in Talkdesk
Enabling the sync between Salesforce and Talkdesk allows agents’ status in Talkdesk to be updated to “After Call Work'', when the agent is in After Conversation Work in Salesforce. Thus, agents will not lose any inbound calls from Talkdesk. Follow these steps:
- Select the SCV Talkdesk Admin tab .
- Go to the SCV for Talkdesk Settings .
- Switch the toggle  to activate the sync.
After Conversation Work Functionality
After enabling the After Conversation Work and doing all the necessary configurations mentioned in the previous topics, After Conversation Work should be activated every time an agent finishes a call. A timer will show how much time the agent has left.
By clicking All Done, the agent can end the after call work sooner. Once the call is wrapped-up, the Talkdesk status will match the current SF Omni-Channel status (based on the presence mapping configuration).
Capacity will remain at 100% while the agent is in After Conversation Work. This means that if a call rings to the agent while they’re in After Call Work, the call stays in queue until the agent is available, and ring then.
In the Omni-Supervisor tab, the supervisor can also check when agents are in After Conversation Work in the ACW column . If the clock symbol appears, the agent is in ACW.
Note: If an Agent changes their Omni-Channel status to Offline while still in the wrap-up period, that period will immediately end.