Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice (T4SCV) integrates digital channels and Salesforce data with voice communications - all in one central view embedded within the Salesforce UI.
In order to use the full currently provided capabilities of this product, the following items are required:
- Service Cloud Voice licenses.
- Salesforce org using the Lightning Experience UI.
- Talkdesk For Salesforce package (at least version 5.0 installed and integrated).
To start using Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice, you should go to the App Launcher and search for the Talkdesk Contact Center Lightning App.
- In the Talkdesk Contact Center Lightning App, go to the Salesforce Omni-Channel widget .
- Then, log in by filling your account name  and afterwards using your Talkdesk credentials.
Once successfully authenticated, the dialpad is shown and Talkdesk for Service CloudVoice is ready to be used.
Outbound Call Flow
Outbound calls can be made either through click-to-call, by clicking on any phone field on the Salesforce UI, or by inputting the desired number on the dial pad and clicking on the Call  button.
Note: The default country prefix number is defined in the Contact Center configurations. If trying to dial a number without a prefix, then the dial pad will add the configured prefix. If the number is from another country, different from the default country prefix, the call will fail to dial. As best practice, input the country prefix number when performing outbound calls.
When the call starts, the call controls within the Salesforce Omni-channel widget will become accessible, enabling the user to End the call , mute, pause, start or stop recording, and add or transfer to another agent.
You can also find some call controls in the Phone widget .
Every time an outbound call is made, the corresponding Voice Call record is created and automatically appears as a pop-up to the relevant user in Salesforce. When the call ends, this Voice Call record will be updated with new data about the call.
- The default outbound number must be set on the Talkdesk side under Talkdesk Admin. Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice will follow that configuration.
- After Call Work Timeout and the Call Disposition Dialog must be disabled for both Inbound and Outbound calls for agents using Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice. If these features are active, agents will not be able to receive inbound calls without refreshing the page. For more information on how to enable and disable these features, read the article After Call Work & Call Disposition Dialog.
Inbound call Flow
To be able to receive inbound calls in Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice, you first need to configure a Studio flow in Talkdesk.
If you’re having trouble receiving calls in the Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice Omni-Channel widget, make sure that:
- Contact center phone numbers are assigned to the Studio flow.
- The flow is successfully published without errors.
- All variables in the flow are properly mapped.
- Agents receiving the call have their statuses set as available on both Salesforce. Omni-channel and Talkdesk.
When an inbound call is received, you can either accept or reject it . Once accepted, the behavior will be the same as described for Outbound calls in the previous Outbound Call Flow section.
Transferring a Call
Inbound and outbound calls can be transferred to other available agents, external numbers, or Talkdesk ring groups.
Warm Transfer/Conference Call
In order to perform a warm transfer, please follow these steps:
- Click the Add Caller button  in the Omni-Channel widget.
- Select the user to transfer your call to:
- To dial an external number, click Keypad  and enter the number.
- To transfer to an agent or ring group, select an agent or ring group from the list or use the filter dropdown to filter your results, and click Call.
- If the receiving agent accepts the call, both agents will conference before one of them leaves  or the call is merged with the far-end .
In order to perform a blind transfer, do the following:
- Click on the Blind Transfer button  in the Omni-Channel widget.
- Select an agent or ring group from the list and click Transfer .
The call will immediately drop on the agent's end and the agent will enter the After Conversation Work (ACW) period, if configured.
If you’re an agent on a call, you can perform transfers through click-to-transfer:
- Click on a phone number .
- Select Blind Transfer  or Add Caller .
The behavior will be the same as described in the “Warm Transfer/Conference Call” and “Blind Transfer” sections.
In the voice call of the transfer, the field “Transfer Type” indicates if the transfer was warm or blind.
- All call transfers will create a new voice call record for the next agent and call leg. These Voice Call records will be related among each other, and can be accessed as part of the voice call object data.
- When transferring to a ring group, the transferred call will ring to one of the available agents in the ring group.
- On warm transfers, if the agent rejects the call, the call will go back to the first agent.
- On blind transfers, if the agent rejects the call, the call will go to the ring group queue until another agent is available or until the configured timeout is reached.
- When performing a blind transfer to an agent or external number, if the call is not picked up, it will instead end.
- In order for a transfer to a ring group to be successful, the ring group cannot be empty.
After performing a warm transfer/conference call, your agents can use the swap capability by doing the following:
- Click Swap  to switch from one call to another. When you swap a call, one call becomes active and the other one is put on hold.
Both Outbound and Inbound calls can be recorded within Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice.
To allow recordings, first you have to enable recordings in Talkdesk. To learn how to do so, read the article Call Recording.
During a call, you can check if the call is being recorded or not through the toggle in the “Phone” component  or in the Omni-Channel widget . If the recording settings in Talkdesk are enabled, the toggle will be active by default.
Tip: When the “Recording” toggle or button is grayed out, it means that the call is not being recorded.
To learn more about the pause/resume functionality, check the article Pause/Resume Recordings and Transcriptions in T4SCV.
Call Recording Access and Replay
Call recordings can be accessed within the Voice Call record and Talkdesk Activity after the call ends. However, this option is not enabled by default.
To enable Voice Call record accessibility after the call, follow these steps:
- Open a Voice Call record .
- Click on Setup  and select Edit Page .
- Once in edit mode, search in components for the Call Recording Player  component.
- Drag and drop the component to the lightning record page.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Back.
After adding the component, every time a call ends, once the voice record is updated, and you refresh the page, the player will become visible. The recording can be accessed directly.
- To access the recording, the agent has to be successfully logged in to Talkdesk through the Omni-channel component.
- The agent needs to have the necessary Talkdesk role permissions to access a given recording; these permissions are given at the agent level on Talkdesk.
- The call is only recorded if there is any sound to record. If both caller and agent are silent, then no recording will be available.
- Whenever a call ends, the recording takes a few seconds to load. If the recording player shows the message “We can't load the recording”, please refresh the Lightning tab 5 seconds after the call ends.
- If a record is paused, only the first leg of the recording will be available in the Voice Call. The full recording can be accessed on Talkdesk.
- On a successfully transferred call, only the last agent will be able to have access to the recording and to the last voice call record created. This is currently a known limitation.
As an add-on, Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice provides real time call transcription within the voice call records page, and also allows the supervisor to monitor the live transcriptions of ongoing calls from within the Supervisor Omni-channel page.
Call transcripts are also paused when a call recording is paused. To learn more about the pause/resume functionality, check the article Pause/Resume Recordings and Transcriptions in T4SCV.
In order to access the call transcript within the voice call record page, you need to first add the Conversation body component to the lightning page by following these steps:
- Open a Voice Call record .
- Click on Setup  and select Edit Page .
- Once in edit mode, search in components for the Conversation Body  component and drag and drop it to the page.
- Click Save.
- Click Back.
Going forward, the transcript for inbound and outbound calls in real-time will be shown in this component.
- In order for an agent to have direct access to call transcripts, the Agent Assist Talkdesk functionality must be enabled for each agent that uses Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice as part of the setup process. Please refer to Support or Professional Services for this.
- Once the transcriptions are enabled, they are by default active for all agents.
- Transcripts are not generated for calls between agents. As an example, during a call transfer, when both agents are connected, transcripts are not created.
- To set up transcriptions in other languages besides English, please follow the instructions provided in the Agent Assist: Language Selection article.
- To set up transcriptions, please follow the instructions provided in the AI Launchpad article.
Voicemails utilize the Voicemail Studio component, which allows customers to leave voice messages if there is no answer, no match, or no agents available for a call.
Voicemail management happens on the Talkdesk side. To learn how to set up voicemails, please read the Voicemails article. Talkdesk for Service Cloud Voice follows these configurations accordingly.