Orchestrate your customer’s journey with Talkdesk Studio™ and Routing. For more information, please visit our Studio documentation.
- December 19, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Modules
- December 12, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Modules
- November 30, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Forward to Phone
- November 14, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Modules
- November 2, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Routing Assignment
- September 2, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Arrays in "Execute Action" Component
- August 12, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Variable Selection for Outbound Call
- May 24, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Text-to-Speech Powered by Amazon Polly
- May 2, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Duplicating Functions
- April 13, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: API Flows
- February 18, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Continuity Settings
- November 25, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Default Behaviors
- October 25, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Functions
- September 28, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Error Handling
- September 15, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Archiving Audio Files
- May 28, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Reporting Component
- May 17, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Importing and Exporting Flows
- March 31, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Callback Exhaust
- March 29, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Callback Post-Call Actions
- March 3, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Callback
- December 2, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Inbound Voice and Hangup Call Components
- October 30, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Post-call Actions
- October 26, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Flow Execution Report
- September 28, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Salesforce Data Dip
- September 28, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Auto-answer Configuration
- August 31, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Hebrew Language Support
- August 19, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Forced Queuing
- June 18, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Contact Creation
- March 20, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Agent Selection
- February 28, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Language Support
- February 24, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Conditional Statement
- January 13, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio
- December 6, 2019 - Talkdesk Studio
- November 18, 2019 - Talkdesk Studio
Release Notes prior to the last listed date can be found here (login required).
December 19, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Modules
On Monday, December 19, 2022, we will release the following enhancement in Talkdesk Studio™:
- The Studio components that are available for an account are now also available, by default, in Modules.
December 12, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Modules
On Monday, December 12, 2022, we will release the following feature in Talkdesk Studio™:
- Enablement of Studio Modules in all types of flows: In this release, Studio Modules becomes available on “API request” and “Incoming message” flows. Modules’ common functionalities are extended, with logic capable of being reused across compatible flows and for post-call actions of voice flows.
November 30, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Forward to Phone
On Friday, December 2nd, 2022, we will release the following new feature to Talkdesk Studio™.
Forward to Phone: In accounts with Talkdesk Phone, you can use this component to automatically forward calls, internally, from your Contact Center to a Phone user you can select in the Preferences tab. You can also set the maximum time the call should ring the Phone users before exiting to another component.
November 14, 2022 - Studio: Modules
On Monday, November 14th, 2022, we will release Studio Modules.
“Modules” are blocks of business logic that you can create, edit, and publish once, and apply to as many Talkdesk Studio Flows as needed.
This feature allows you to transfer data between modules and flows, saving significant time and effort in developing and putting your new flows into production.
With the new Studio “Modules” feature, you can perform the following actions:
- Creating a module: create a new module or import one as a JSON file.
- Using the “Begin module” component: use the “Begin module” to start configuring the input arguments that the module will receive, as well as map each input argument to a context variable to be used in the module. Note: You should update the component to a new version by clicking the “Update” button whenever it’s available to ensure that you can access the “Arguments” tab of the “Begin module” component.
- Using the “Return to Flow” component: use the “Return to Flow” component to set the exits of the module that will be exposed, and that can be configured in the “Run module” step of the flow. This component also enables you to define the module outputs sent to the flow.
- Using the “Run module” component: use it to select a published module from the list and to configure input arguments and outputs that will be sent to and received from the module.
- Transferring context: define the module input arguments and outputs that will allow context to be transferred between a module and a flow (bi-directionally).
- Saving and publishing a module: save the changes to a module and publish it to make it instantly effective.
- Editing published modules: update the logic contained in a module and automatically apply the changes across Studio flows using it.
How to Access
Studio Modules is available to all accounts.
To access Studio Modules, click on “Modules” within the Studio tab of Talkdesk Admin.
If you wish to start using Studio Modules, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
For more information on Modules, please visit our Studio Advanced Documentation.
November 2, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Routing Assignment
On Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022, we will release the following enhancement to Talkdesk Routing Assignment:
- Settings on idle time for manual outbound calls, agent-to-agent calls and dedicated line calls: With this enhancement, customers will be able to choose if the Idle Time is reset for specific types of non-ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) calls. This will allow for the customization of distribution algorithms to better match customers’ needs. Before this release, idle time was reset on manual outbound calls, agent-to-agent calls, and dedicated line calls. Existing customers will be able to choose whether they don’t want to reset manual outbound calls, agent-to-agent calls, and dedicated lines. New customers can choose the account settings related to the outbound calls, agent-to-agent calls, and dedicated lines since by default, the idle time will not be reset for these types of calls. To change your settings, please reach out to Support.
Note: The “Idle Time per Hour” measure on the “Agent Activity Analysis” dataset is not related to this idle time form of calculation.
For more information, please read our documentation here.
September 2, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Arrays in "Execute Action" Component
On Friday, September 2nd, 2022, we will release an improvement to the Studio Execute Action Component.
- Arrays in Studio Execute Action Component: You can configure a Studio Execute Action Component with an action with an array in its output schema. This also applies to arrays configured as the root of the schema. To handle the array, a Run Function must be used.
For more information, please consult this article.
August 12, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Variable Selection for Outbound Call
On Friday, August 12th, 2022, we will release an enhancement to the Make Outbound Call component, currently available on Studio API flows.
- Variable selection for outbound call number:With this enhancement, it is now possible to select a variable defined earlier in the flow as an outbound call number.
Visit our Studio Advanced documentationto learn more about the Make Outbound Call component.
May 24, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Text-to-Speech Powered by Amazon Polly
On Tuesday, May 24th, 2022, Studio will have the capacity to support Text-to-Speech powered by Amazon Polly.
- Text-to-Speech Powered by Amazon Polly: This service allows a more natural experience regarding Text-to-speech and provides greater control over speech parameters, such as adding pauses, emphasizing words, and controlling the speaking rate, among other options.
For more information, please visit our Studio Advanced Documentation
May 2, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Duplicating Functions
On Monday, May 2nd, 2022, we will release the following new features to Talkdesk Studio Functions™:
- Duplicate Function:Now you can duplicate your Studio Function with just a single click, providing an easier way to:
- Make a copy of an existing Studio function, instead of having to start from scratch.
- Edit your duplicated Studio Function in any way you desire.
For more information, please read ourTalkdesk Studio Functions™ documentation.
April 13, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: API Flows
On Wednesday, April 13th, 2022, we will release the following component feature and feature to Talkdesk Studio™:
- “Make outbound call” component: The Make outbound call component allows you to make an outbound call based on an API Request.
- Studio API Flows: This feature will be available for all Talkdesk accounts, and allows customers to create channel-agnostic flows that can be triggered from an external system via an API request. With Studio API Flows, you will be able to:
- Send voice notifications to your customers (triggered from a website/app).
- Make an Outbound Call to your customers.
- Forward that call to an external phone number, so that a call between two participants can be initiated.
- Give the possibility for your customers to request callbacks from a website and/or app.
For more information, please visit ourStudio Advanced Documentation.
February 18, 2022 - Talkdesk Studio: Continuity Settings
On Friday, February 18th, 2022, Talkdesk will enable Continuity Settings to allow you to prepare your business to continue operating in the event of a service disruption.
While Talkdesk invests significantly in reliability and resilience, there will always be a chance for us to reduce the exposure to unexpected failures or outages out of our direct control.
In an event where it is not possible to handle inbound calls (routed through Studio or Classic Inbound Routing), you can now configure the behavior that those calls will have in such a disruption, through Continuity Settings.
Here, you will be able to define the following behaviors:
- Forward inbound calls, that reach Talkdesk numbers, to a specific external phone number.
- Forward inbound calls, that reach Talkdesk numbers, to a single external phone number.
- Play an audio message.
With this solution, you will be able to specify the experience that you will provide to your customers in an unlikely event that prevents Talkdesk from handling inbound calls.
For more information on Continuity Settings, please visit our Studio Advanced Documentation, which is continuously being updated.
November 25, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Error Handling Default Behaviors
On Thursday, November 25th, 2021, we will release the following update to Talkdesk Studio™:
- Error handling default behaviors:In this iteration of the “Error Handling” initiative, we are implementing specific default behaviors to deal with exceptional, unexpected failure scenarios in Studio components. The default behaviors will be automatically applied to new steps added to a Studio Flow and steps in pre-existing flows through a backfill process, as long as noCustom exithad already been defined for them. When the option “Use default behavior” is selected, the unexpected error will be handled according to the component’s predefined behavior (which is now being automatically applied), and a caption is displayed under the dropdown to apprise users of the component’s default behavior.
To find out more about the Studio components’ default behaviors, please refer to our“Error Handling” documentation.
October 25, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Functions
On Monday, October 25th, 2021, we will release Studio Functions.
The "Run Function" component will also be available on this date so that you can use the configured function within your Studio flows.
September 28, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Error Handling
On Tuesday, September 28th, 2021, we will release the following enhancement to Talkdesk Studio™ components.
- Error handling:With this update, we provide flow administrators with the ability to configure the most suitable experience to contact persons, under unexpected component failure scenarios. A new "Error handling" section in the "Exits" tab of all Studio components (except the initial steps and “End Flow”) enables you to direct unforeseen technical faults during the execution of components to an appointed exit. In this first iteration, this exit can either be a default “End Flow”, or an alternative path that can be defined by choosing the "Define Custom Exit" option and adding a new step to route the call.
To find out more about this feature, please refer to ourStudio Advanced Documentation(from September 28th onwards).
September 15, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Archiving Audio Files
On Wednesday, September 15th, 2021, we will release an enhancement to Studio’s audio components to allow customers to archive audio files.
With this enhancement, if an audio file is in use, and you wish to file it away, open the “Audio file” dropdown, select the file, and click “Archive”.
The audio file will be archived, and unavailable for selection in newly added audio components and flows. It will be, however, still serviceable and available for prompting in other existing call flows.
This feature will be implemented in the following Studio components:
- Assignment and Dial
- Input IVR
- Play Audio
- Standard IVR
- Voice IVR
- Voice Transcription
Additional feature details are accessible from ourStudio Advanced Documentation.
May 28, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Reporting Component
On Friday, May 28th, 2021, we will release a new component in Talkdesk® Studio™: Reporting.
The Reporting component allows you to decide how the contacts or interactions on your Studio flow will be presented in Live and Explore.
With this component, only the name of the ring group that you have decided to define and apply to the assignment process will be disclosed.For more information on the Reporting component, visit our Studio Advanced Documentation.
May 17, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Importing and Exporting Flows
On Monday, May 17th, 2021, we will begin the rollout of the following new feature to Talkdesk Studio™.
- Importing and Exporting Flows:With this enhancement, it is possible to create a flow by importing an existing one through a JSON file, or export published, draft, and archived flows that are no longer in use and later import them, if necessary.
For more information on importing and exporting flows, please visit the “Managing Flows” section of ourStudio Advanced Documentationfrom May 17th onwards.
March 31, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Callback Exhaust
On Wednesday, March 31st, 2021, we are releasing an enhancement to Studio’s Callback component.
With this enhancement, a call can remain in the queue either if the maximum wait time is reached, all of the matching agents are attempted but do not answer or reject the call, or if an error occurs during the execution of a Callback.
March 29, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Callback Post-Call Actions
On Monday, March 29th, 2021, we will release an enhancement to the Callback component in Talkdesk® Studio™.
The Callback component now enables the configuration of post-call actions. Through the new “Call finished” exit, it is possible for a flow to continue its execution, even after a call between the contact person and the agent has finished. This enables new post-call use cases, related voice surveys, and automations.
For more information, visit our Studio Advanced Documentation.
March 3, 2021 - Talkdesk Studio: Callback
On Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021, we will progressively start releasing an enhancement in Talkdesk® Studio™ that will be visible in theStudio Flow Execution Report.
The “Time in Step” column of this report represents the time spent in a specific component of the flow. From now on, this time will also include the time spent on the call, as theCallbackwill be executed until the call between the contact person and the agent is finished.
Previously, the component was only executed until the agent answered the callback, and the “Time in Step” would only include the time spent in the queue. From now on, the “Time in Step” of a Callback will also include the duration of the call between the agent and the contact person.
As a result, a successful conversation between an agent and a contact in the scope of a Callback will now display a “call_finished” exit in the Studio flow execution report.
Additional exit names are now displayed in the report:
- agent_rejected: when the agent rejects the callback.
- contact_rejected: when the contact person rejects or does not answer the callback.
- call_aborted: when the agent answers the call and hangs up while the contact person is being dialed or during a blind transfer from Agent A to Agent B, in which Agent B rejects the call (with voicemail setting enabled).
This enhancement is being implemented in preparation for the release of post-call configurations in the Callback component, which will allow the flow to be executed even after the conversation between the contact person and the agent finishes.
December 2, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Inbound Voice and Hangup Call Components
On Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020, we will release the following enhancements in Talkdesk® Studio™:
- This component has been renamed End Flow.
- The component's icon has been redesigned.
- The step editor has been removed and replaced by theRename Step and Delete Step buttons.
- The component's icon has been redesigned
These changes aim to improve the appearance, readability, and overall user experience, with the components in your flow now being presented in the following manner:
October 30, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Post-call Actions
On Friday, October 30th, 2020, we will release an enhancement to the Assignment and Dial component in Talkdesk® Studio™.
The Assignment and Dial component will now allow for post-call actions to be configured, such as phone surveys, thus enabling real-time data collection.
For more information, visit our Studio Advanced Documentation from November 2nd onwards.
October 26, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Flow Execution Report
On Monday, October 26th, 2020, we will release an enhancement in Talkdesk® Studio™ which will be visible in the Studio Flow Execution Report.
The “Time in Step” column of this report represents the time spent in a specific component of the flow. From now on, this time will also include the time spent on the call, as the Assignment and Dial component will be executed until the call between the contact person and the agent is finished. Previously, the component was only executed until the agent answered the call and, because of this, the “Time in Step” did not include the call.
The enhancement is being implemented in preparation for the release of post-call configurations in the Assignment and Dial component, which will allow the flow to be executed even after the call between the contact person and the agent is over. For more information on this component, please visit ourStudio Advanced Documentation.
September 28, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Salesforce Data Dip
On September 28th, 2020, we will begin the rollout of an enhancement to the Salesforce Data Dip component in Talkdesk® Studio™.
A new “Timeout” exit is now available, where the maximum waiting time for a response can be configured, according to your preference. Values for this timeout can go from 1 up to 10 seconds (max.).
For more information on this enhancement, visit our Studio Advanced documentation.
September 22, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Auto-answer Configuration
On September 22nd, 2020, we will begin the rollout of an enhancement to the Auto-answer component in Talkdesk® Studio™.
Up until now, if the auto-answering mode was enabled, the call would be automatically answered in Callbar within a one-second default timeout.
With this enhancement, the timeout time can be set to your preference up to a maximum of 40 seconds.
For more information on Auto-answer timeout configuration, visit our Studio Advanced documentation.
August 31, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Hebrew Language Support
On August 31st, 2020, we will release an enhancement to Talkdesk® Studio™ to allow the support of an additional language: Hebrew.
With this enhancement, the speech recognition and text-to-speech functionalities will be modified to enable the selection of Hebrew for speech recognition and of a different language for the message to output.
The Studio components that will be adjusted to include this additional language are the following:
For more information on Studio’s components, voice recognition, and speech synthesis capabilities, visit our Studio Advanced Documentation.
August 19, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Forced Queuing
On August 19th, 2020, we will release an enhancement to Studio’s Assignment and Dial component.
With this enhancement, we are enabling Forced Queuing and providing the ability for a call to remain in the queue, until the configured maximum waiting time has been reached or until all matching agents have been attempted, regardless of their initial status.
For more information on this enhancement, please read our Product Notice.
June 18, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Contact Creation
On Thursday, June 18th, 2020, we are implementing changes regarding the contact creation process in Studio, aimed at automating the creation of a new contact in Talkdesk when a call reaches Studio’s “Inbound Voice” component.
When a call from an unknown phone number comes in through a Studio flow, a new contact will now be automatically created in Talkdesk under the Contacts section.
Thanks to this feature, it is now possible to have visibility on a Studio call that has been missed, abandoned, shortly abandoned, or during which a voicemail message has been left. In addition, if integrations and automated tasks have been previously configured for the account, they will also be applicable to the newly created contact.
March 20, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Agent Selection
On Friday, March 20th, 2020, two new updates will be introduced to Studio’sAssignment and Dial, Callback, and Voicemailcomponents.
- In the Preferences tab of the Assignment and Dial, Callback, and Voicemail components, when selecting Agents, the names of the agents can now be input directly in the agent search field, as opposed to being displayed in a dropdown menu as before.
- The “Select All” option in the same dropdown menu is now omitted and all agents’ names will have to be entered individually.
For more information on each one of these components, visit our Studio Advanced Documentation.
February 28, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Language Support
On Friday, February 28th, 2020, Talkdesk will update Studio’s voice recognition and speech synthesis capabilities to support additional languages.
In addition to the languages that are currently supported in “Text to Speech” and “Speech to Text” functionalities available in certain components, Studio will now support the following languages:
- Catalan (Spain)
- Danish (Denmark)
- Dutch (Netherlands)
- English (Australia)
- English (Canada)
- English (India)
- Finnish (Finland)
- French (Canada)
- Japanese (Japan)
- Korean (South Korea)
- Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)
- Polish (Poland)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Swedish (Sweden)
The Studio components that will be adjusted to include these additional languages are the following:
- Assignment & Dial
- Standard IVR
- Voice IVR
- Play Audio
- Voice Transcription
- Input IVR
For more information on Studio’s components, voice recognition, and speech synthesis capabilities, visit ourStudio Advanced Documentation.
February 24, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio: Conditional Statement
On Monday, February 24th, 2020, Talkdesk will be updating Studio’s Conditional Statement.
- The Conditional Statement step now presents two new buttons - ALL and ANY - which allow you to choose whether the exit is met based on any of the conditions, or if all the conditions need to be met in order to direct the call to the proper exit.
For more information, please read this article.
January 13, 2020 - Talkdesk Studio
On Monday, January 13th, 2020, we will be making a change to the behavior of Studio’s Time Based Rules component.
- In the Time Range section of the Exits tab, whenever an overnight time range was configured for a given day—e.g., Monday from 9:00 pm to 2:00 am—, calls were being routed to the “No Match” exit because Studio was considering the “To” time to be prior to the “From” time. This situation has been fixed: Studio now considers the following day of the week for the overnight time range, so the calls will be routed through the desired exit from, for example, 9:00 pm of a given day until 2:00 am of the following day.
December 6, 2019 - Talkdesk Studio
From Friday, December 6th, 2019 we will be progressively releasing Studio new features and enhancements.
- The Flows tab has been renamed Studio, an adjustment noticeable in pre-existing user accounts.
- The permission to use Studio is set to Administrators by default; for all other roles, it is necessary to access the Roles tab and activate it manually by ticking the Studio option.
- Forward to External Number- currently, when a call is forwarded, callers are presented with waiting music. We are enhancing the callers’ experience by replacing this waiting music with a ringing tone.
- Play Audio -up until now, it was only possible to choose from 3 audio message configuration sources - “Text to speech”, “Audio file upload” and “Link to file”. We are now enabling other message sources to choose from and Other Sourceswill be replacing “Link to file”; by clicking Other Sources, you will be able to choose the option “URL to audio file” and provide a link to your desired audio message. You can also choose “Variable in the Flow Context”, and then select a desired variable from the menu. This option can be particularly useful if you wish your audio message to be retrieved from a component that has been previously used in your flow.
Note: The Other Sources option will also gradually replace “Link to File” in other components - Assignment & Dial, Callback, Input IVR, Standard IVR, Voice IVR, and Voice Transcription.
November 18, 2019 - Talkdesk Studio
On Monday, November 18, 2019, we will release Flow Step Search- a new feature in Talkdesk Studio.
With this feature, admins can see a complete list of the steps that are part of the flow and easily find specific steps and groups of steps. This simplifies the process of checking settings or making adjustments in steps of the same type.
Flow Step Search enhances the user experience within the Flow Editor and is particularly useful when a flow contains a substantial number of steps.
- Search by step name- simply type in the partial or full name of the step you are looking for;
- Search by step type- you can also enter the name of the type of step you are interested in. For example, “Assignment and Dial”. All steps from this category will be listed;
- Filter by step type- The search results are grouped by step type. Select one of these filters to access only the steps that belong to that specific category;
- Easy navigation- With only a few clicks or keypresses, you can browse through the search results and open the steps you need to adjust.
For more details, please read the documentation.
Together with Flow Step Search, we have also adjusted the last-updated stamp of the flow versions, which appears inside the Flow Editor. It now allows you to track with precision when a flow was updated for the last time and which user made the update. This way, you can check who published or archived a specific flow version.
You will be able to get this information from the top bar of the Flow Editor and the drop-down list of flow versions.
Note: The last-updated stamp will not be automatically adjusted on flows that were last edited before this enhancement was made available in the accounts.