Note: If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access the Admin section and all features described below by navigating to the Admin app. For more information, please refer to this article.
Phone numbers are an essential part of your Talkdesk account, so you can make and receive calls. Below are some options you can choose from to associate a number with your Talkdesk account in the way that best matches your business needs. Learn everything about our phone number coverage.
Buying a New Number
You can purchase numbers from the United States and Canada directly from your Talkdesk account, without having to provide proof of address or identity.
To add a new number to your account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Admin.
- Select the Admin  section at the top of the page.
- Open Numbers .
- Click New Phone Number .
- Select the number’s “Country”  from the drop-down menu. All supported countries are listed. If your country does not show up, you can connect an external phone number with Talkdesk using SIP.
- Insert the search criteria if you want the number to start with a specific “Area Code or Prefix” . For example, to find a London number, enter +4420 in the pattern box.
- Insert the search criteria in case you want the number to start with a specific area code, prefix, or search for a “Pattern”  on the number. E.g.: 123, TALK, T*LK.
- Choose the “Phone Number Type”  between Local or Toll-free.
- Hit Search for Numbers  to find the list of available options, according to the criteria you defined.
- Click Buy  next to the phone number you want to add to your account.
Prices for each phone number are listed next to the corresponding phone type (may vary depending on the country and number type). When a new number is purchased, the cost is deducted from your account credit.
Note: If a number is not showing for your desired prefix, please contact our support team, so they can try to allocate one for you.
Once you add a new number to your Talkdesk account, you're redirected to the new phone number's configuration panel, where you can define and change its settings.
Adding an Existing Number
If you want to keep your existing phone numbers, Talkdesk can port them into your Talkdesk account.
We currently support the porting of numbers from several countries.
For more information, please read Porting Guide
If you would like to port a number that is not included in the list, please contact us here.
Connecting a SIP / VoIP Number to Talkdesk
An alternative to porting numbers is to forward phone calls to a newly created Talkdesk number or to use your SIP PBX to forward existing phone numbers into your Talkdesk account. When forwarding calls, Talkdesk still gets the origin of the call and identifies who is calling.
Deleting a Number
You can delete a phone number by selecting it in the numbers tab and then clicking Delete Phone Number:
Historical data for deleted numbers can still be accessed under Reporting.