Phone numbers are an essential part of your Talkdesk account so you can make and receive calls. Below are some options you can choose from to associate a number with your Talkdesk account in the way that best matches your business needs:
To Buy a New Number
With Talkdesk you can purchase multiple phone numbers from different countries, including toll free and local. To add a new number to your account follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Admin.
- Select the 'Admin' section  at the top of the page.
- Open the 'Numbers' tab .
- Click the 'New Phone Number' button .
- Search for available phone numbers:
- Country: select the number’s country from the drop-down menu . All supported countries are listed; if your country does not show up, you can connect an external phone number with Talkdesk using SIP.
- Area Code or Prefix* : insert the search criteria in case you want the number to start by a specific area code or prefix. For example, to find a London number enter +4420 in the pattern box.
- Pattern : insert the search criteria in case you want the number to start by a specific area code or prefix or search for a pattern on the number. E.g.: 123, TALK, T*LK
- Phone Number Type : select the phone type by choosing between a Local, National or a Toll-free number. You can also select Mobile numbers for the following countries: France, Germany, Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Click 'Search for Numbers'  to find the list of available options, according to the criteria you defined.
- Click 'Buy'  next to the phone number you want to add to your account.
Prices for each phone number are listed next to the corresponding phone type (may vary depending on the country and number type). When a new number is purchased, the cost is deducted from your account credit.
*Note: If a number is not showing for your desired prefix, please contact our support team so they can try to allocate one for you.
Once you add a new number into your Talkdesk account, you will be redirected into your new phone number's configuration panel where you can define and change it’s settings.
Adding an Existing Number
If you want to keep your existing phone numbers, Talkdesk can port them into your Talkdesk account.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to port a number that is not included in the list.
Connecting a SIP / VoIP Number to Talkdesk
An alternative to porting numbers, is to forward phone calls to a newly created Talkdesk number or to use your SIP PBX to forward existing phone numbers into your Talkdesk account. When forwarding calls, Talkdesk still gets the origin of the call and identifies who is calling.
Deleting a Number
You can delete a phone number by selecting it in the numbers tab and then clicking the 'Delete Phone Number' button:
Historical data for deleted numbers can still be accessed under Reporting.