Note: If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access the Admin section and all features described below by navigating to the Admin app. For more information, please refer to this article.
The Attributes tab is where you can configure, categorize, and assign attributes to specific users.
An attribute is a characteristic or a skill that can be associated with one, or more agents, with different proficiency levels.
Once configured, these attributes can be used in Talkdesk Studio™, in the Assignment and dial component, to determine the agent selection criteria.
To ensure that attribute-based interaction and contact criteria are reported correctly, it is necessary to add a Reporting component to the flow.
Please follow the steps below to begin using Attributes.
Creating an Attribute
1. Click the Admin section .
2. Select Attributes .
3. Click on Create new attribute .
4. Fill in the attribute’s form:
- Name : Name your attribute.
- Category : Select a category. Note: To create a new category for the attribute, follow the instructions contained in the “Creating Categories” section.
- Proficiency : Choose “Yes” or “No” to add proficiency. If “Yes” is selected, you are also able to set the attribute’s default proficiency level, which goes from one to five stars. Users assigned to the attribute will access this default proficiency level. If the value is changed later, the new proficiency level will only impact new users.
5. To assign attributes to users, check if the toggle button, on the top right-hand side of the page, is set to “Active”  and if yes, click Users . This tab will be unavailable if the toggle is set to “Deactivated”.
Assigning Attributes to Users
1. Assign attributes to users, by clicking on the Assign to users button .
2. Search the user’s name to assign the attribute .
3. Select the user(s) from the search list .
4. Activate the toggle to “Show only selected users” .
5. To select all users, click the “-” icon .
6. Hit Assign .
7. On the main screen, you can see the assigned attribute users  and their proficiency level , corresponding to what you set up in the attribute creation. You can also change the level by increasing or decreasing the number of stars.
8. When you’ve finished configuring the attribute and the user assignment, click Save .
9. The newly created attribute will be displayed on the "Attributes" page. From here, you can:
- Create more attributes  and add other users to the selected attribute , as explained above.
- Change the category of the selected attribute .
- Deactivate the attribute . Please note that a deactivated attribute can not be recovered.
- Edit the attribute : “Name”, “Category”, proficiency level, or user assignment. Attribute reactivation is possible, in this case, by switching the toggle to “Active”.
- Use Filters to organize the displayed attributes . You can filter the attributes by “Status” (“active”, “deactivated”, or “all”), “Category”, or “Proficiency”.
- Use Categories to create, edit, and delete categories .
1. When creating an attribute, you can create a category by clicking on the Create new category option .
2. When the “New category” form appears, enter a name for the category  and click on the Create button .
3. Then, the category will be instantly created and available to be chosen from the dropdown.
4. Alternatively, you can create a category by choosing Categories on the "Attributes" page .
5. Select Create new category .
6. Insert the name of the new category  and click the checkmark . The category will be instantly created and available on the dropdown.
7. From the "Categories" form, you can also Edit  or delete a category , if necessary.