As an Admin, you can choose to deactivate agents instead of deleting them when they stop working at your company.
If you wish to retain the agent’s call and activity history or if this is a seasonal agent that you wish to reactivate in the future, you should deactivate instead of deleting the agent, as deletion will not retain any data related to the agent.
Talkdesk saves the settings of deactivated agents so there is no need for reconfiguration once they are reactivated.
How to Deactivate an Agent
To deactivate an agent, follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Select the 'Admin’ section from the navigation bar .
- Select the 'Agents' tab .
- Click the name of the agent you wish to deactivate.
- Next to 'Agent Activation' check the 'Deactivated'  radio button.
You will see a 'Disable Agent' pop up:
- Click 'Close'  to confirm the deactivation and close this window.
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
Once an agent's status has been changed to Deactivated and saved, the following limitations apply: deactivated agents retain any associated call history (e.g., calls recently made and received, past voicemail assignments, historical reporting) but new activity cannot be routed to deactivated agents (calls, voicemails, etc.).
Deactivated agents do not count against account licenses for billing purposes.
Agent status can be toggled from Active to Deactivated, and vice versa at any time.
Bulk Deactivating and Reactivating Agents
You can also bulk deactivate and reactivate agents. To do so, please follow these steps:
- While on your Agents tab , filter your list of agents by selecting an option in 'Agent Activation' (All, Active, Deactivated, Pending Confirmation) .
- Simply select the agents you wish to deactivate or reactivate .
- From the 'Actions' drop-down menu, select 'Activation Settings' .
A window will pop up:
- Select the activation status that you want to apply to the selected agents and click on 'Save' .
The 'Agent Activation' column  on your Agents tab will show you whether an agent is Active or Deactivated:
If Active, the 'Status' column  will show the availability status colors and labels. Besides this, the 'Agent Activation' column will list the agent’s activation status:
- Active (Pending Confirmation).
If Deactivated, the 'Status' column will list a white dot with the label "Deactivated". In this case, the 'Agent Activation' column will describe the exact deactivation status:
- Deactivated (Pending Confirmation)
Note: Pending Confirmation refers to an agent who has an email invitation from Talkdesk that they haven't accepted/confirmed yet. Once the agent confirms the invitation, they will no longer be in the “Pending Confirmation” status. Furthermore, agents in the "Pending Confirmation" status count against the account’s license count so it’s advisable that admins keep an eye on this column and resend invitations, activate or deactivate agents, delete or make any necessary modifications when necessary.
Also note that, if an agent currently has a dedicated line or direct route through IVR menu, Admins will see a warning message: "Cannot deactivate because agent has dedicated line or direct call routing. Please check your number settings first”. These settings will need to be changed prior to deactivating the agent.