Note: These settings may not be available when a Studio Flow is assigned to the phone number. Effective June 21, 2021, Talkdesk Classic Inbound Routing will no longer be available for new customers. New customer accounts will only be able to configure inbound routing behavior through Studio.
Enabling extensions is a two-step process. First, it is necessary to enable the extension on the agent side and then on the appropriate phone number.
Enabling extensions for an agent
1. Log in to your account as an Administrator.
2. Select the Admin section  in the top navigation bar.
3. Click the Agents tab .
4. Click the name of the agent  to whom you wish to assign an extension number.
5. In the ”Internal Extension” text box, type the extension number for the agent  Note: You must enter at least 2 characters (i.e., 02, 13, 567...).
6. When finished, click Save at the bottom of the page. This extension number will then also show up in the Extensions tab under the Numbers section.
Enabling extensions on a phone number
1. Select the Admin section in the top navigation bar .
2. Click the Numbers tab .
3. Click the phone number to which the extension number should be assigned .
5. Select the Extensions tab .
6. Check the “Yes” radio button next to ”Enable Extensions” .
7. If you wish to see the agents whose extensions are enabled for this number, select a ring group from the drop-down menu .
8. Click Save .
You should then give your customers the option to dial the agent's extension before they are connected to the IVR or to a group of agents.
The best way to do it is to define the Welcome Greeting or the IVR Welcome message as "Welcome to XXX (Company's name). If you know the agent's extension please dial it now".
Then, allow a couple of seconds so callers can enter their desired extension.