- If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access the Admin section and all features described below by navigating to the Admin app. For more information, please refer to this article.
In this article, you will find information on:
The Subscription tab within the Admin app, in your Talkdesk account, shows a summary of your subscriptions, as well as the license(s) and add-ons you have purchased:
- The type of purchased subscription .
- The total number of purchased seats  for the base edition.
- The subscription billing frequency .
- The start and end dates .
- If automatic renewal applies .
The section called "Licenses" allows you to access the “Billing frequency”, “Quantity”, “Price”, and “Total” price for each type of license that you have purchased.
Click on the name of each license or the more options (...) button, and then View details, to access a page with additional information regarding that specific license.
You can purchase additional licenses in one of two ways:
- Click on the Add seats button, inside the detail page of a specific license type.
- From the Subscription tab main page, click the more options “...” button, next to the license type you want to purchase, and then Add seats (refer to the third image above).
A pop-up window appears:
- You can input the number of seats you would like to add.
- After adding the number of desired seats, you can see a billing summary.
- The total price of the seats at the top, next to the number of seats, will be calculated on a prorated basis, depending on the amount of time left in the current billing period.
- The “Invoiced total” will be added to all billing periods for the remainder of the contract.
- When you’re done, click Next, and you will be asked to agree to the Talkdesk Terms of Service.
- If you agree, click Purchase.
- Confirm the purchase by clicking Confirm.
- A confirmation message will be displayed at the bottom of the screen to inform you that the licenses will soon be available for your account, which usually happens within a few minutes.
Note: The “Seat Manager” feature is being rolled out starting on May 22, 2023.
“Seat Manager” enables users to manage and track which users are assigned to the seats for each specific product, according to the number of licenses available. With Seat Manager, you can, for instance, choose which users are entitled to which add-ons, assign/unassign them, among other functionalities.
To learn how to manage the available seats, please follow the instructions below:
- Next to each product available for your account, click on the Manage seats button .
Note: You are required to manually assign add-on seats to the users you wish to grant access.
When seat management is not available, the Manage seats button is disabled . This happens when product seats are not managed on the “Subscription” tab (e.g. Talkdesk Phone seats are managed in Phone Admin app; Talkdesk for Salesforce Connector seats are managed on Salesforce).
- On the “Manage seats” side panel, select the users you wish to add to the license . For example, in the image above, we assigned two seats to users.
- Once you’re done choosing the users, click Save .
- To proceed, click Confirm .
If you wish to unassign a seat, repeat step 1, and on the “Manage seats” side panel unselect the users, click “Save” and then, on the pop-up, select “Confirm”.
Accessing Apps Based on Having a Seat
With “Seat Manager”, only users with a product seat are manageable on “MyApps”, and therefore on Users tab  you are only able to see those users (as stated in the informative message ).
Regarding “Auto-install” rules that are set on the respective tab (Auto Install tab ), they are only applied to users that were previously given a seat on “Seat Manager”.
Exceeding Available Licenses
By selecting more users than the total available seats  you will exceed the total available licenses when attributing license seats to users on Seat Manager (e.g. “Talkdesk Case Management” add-on). A warning message appears, informing you that your user selection has exceeded the number of allowed seats .
Once you try to save your selection, you are prompted with a message offering you the possibility to enter the self-service license expansion flow and buy the required seats by clicking Add seats .
Note that if you choose not to expand the seats, you won’t be able to save your seat management changes while selected users exceed the total seats.