Activities, a part of Agent Workspace, provides a view of a list of activities per agent, as well as key details on each individual action, based on the agent’s roles and permissions. For more information on roles and permissions, please visit our documentation here.
The app displays a list of historical data regarding incoming and outgoing calls, calls (incoming and outgoing calls, including missed, abandoned, and transferred calls) and SMS (incoming and outgoing).
Below, you can read our guide to learn more about:
Enter the Talkdesk CX Cloud and click on the "Activities"  icon on the left menu’s app listing.
Using the Activities Log Information
When entering the app, the top left corner of the screen will display the total number of activities  you have listed, above the actual list of results.
The screen’s information is divided into the following fields:
- “Activity”  - The type of activity (e.g. Inbound or Outbound calls)
- “Agent”  - The name of the agent that handled the call.
- “When”  - The date and time of the activity (e.g. when it was picked up by the agent or when it reached the contact center).
- "Ring groups"  - Indicates the ring groups associated with the call (only applicable to calls). If a ring group is not displayed, it's because it was directly assigned to another agent.
- "Duration"  - The length in minutes and seconds (when applicable).
Note: The date and time of the activity in the “When” column respect the timezone defined in the Preferences section. The date and time displayed to inform about the last Activities update respect the timezone defined in the user’s device.
All activities from an interaction are shown on this main screen, providing complete information to agents regarding the details of the contact with customers.
For calls, this includes, for example, if the call was transferred to another agent, thus giving full context to customer interactions.
For SMS it shows every time the SMS is transferred back to the queue to be handled later by another agent.
Note: Regarding abandoned calls, Activities only lists abandoned calls that entered a queue before being abandoned (this is, that could have reached an agent) as opposed to Contact Activity which displays all abandoned calls.
Each listing result features the quick action “Click-to-Call”  which starts calling the number immediately on Conversations. When applicable, the quick action “Evaluate” may also be available.
Note: to know more about initiating an Evaluation through the quick action “Evaluate”, please refer to this page.
Using the Filters
Using filters is an effective way to refine your search results. To open the Filters menu, press the Filters  icon on the far right of the screen, which will open a right-side panel with the following dropdown options:
- "Activity type"  - The type of Call you want to search.
- "Contact"  - Search for one specific contact.
- "Agent"  - Search by the agent that handled the call.
- "When"  - Ability to filter by date/time when the call was handled.
- "Ring groups"  - You can choose one or more ring groups in this filter.
After making your choices, you will need to press one of the choices at the bottom:
- Apply  - The filters will only take effect once you click this button.
- Clear  - Click to reset all filters chosen.
By applying the filters, you will be directed back to the main Activities page, where you will be able to see a blue badge filter indicator , over the "Filters" icon. This badge indicates how many filters are currently applied in your search.
The “Active Filters” bar  is now displayed as well, beneath the number of total Activities they have matched. This bar displays which filters are currently applied. You can remove each filter individually, by clicking the “X” icon  next to each name.
The Clear all  button at the far right of the bar will remove all filters from the search you have submitted.
Accessing the Snapshot Tab
To find more details on the activity of each call, you can access the Snapshot Tab. By clicking on each activity’s specific row, a panel will open with the “Activity Details”. Here you can find more information regarding:
- "Activity type": The type of call.
- "Contact": Click-to-Call is also actionable in this menu, by pressing the contact’s phone number or the “Telephone” icon.
- "Via": The number that received the call.
- "Agent": The agent in your organization that handled the call.
- "Ring groups": Which are associated with a specific activity.
- "When": The date and time of the call.
- "Duration": How long the call was, in minutes and seconds (when applicable).
- "Unique Interaction ID Number": You can click the “Clipboard”* button to copy the interaction ID. Data from the clipboard can be pasted/copied into a document or program using the "Paste" command.
- "Call Recording Player" : When available, you can click this player to listen to the recording of the call. The player is located at the bottom of the screen and features the following options:
- “Rewind 30 Seconds”.
- “Fast Forward 30 Seconds”.
- “Speed Rate”.
- Download (This option allows you to download an Mp3 file with the call’s audio).
Editing Contact Details
While still in the Snapshot tab, two Quick Action buttons are visible within the “Contact” field. One of which is the “Click-to-Call”  option, which allows you to immediately call this number by pressing the icon.
The other Quick Action icon is the “Edit” Contact” button . Clicking it will open a new side panel where you can change and/or eliminate relevant information from that contact’s profile.
The following fields are available:
- “Name” (this field comes pre-filled with the number used for the call. Delete it and write the contact’s name information).
- “Number(s)” (you can also add more numbers to this contact by clicking on the Add another number  button).
- "Emails(s)"you can also add more emails to this contact by clicking on the Add another email  button).
- “Fax number(s)” (you can also add more fax numbers to this contact by clicking on the Add another fax number  button).
- "Job title".
After completing the information, you can save it by clicking the Save  button. You may also click on Cancel  to return to the Activities list without saving the added information.
Note: There is no option to delete a contact from this menu. To do so, please use the Contacts app. Read our Contacts guide here.
- Dispositions and wrap-up notes are not displayed, they are only available in the contact’s activity within the Contacts app
- The “Friendly name” associated with a given number is not displayed.