Conversations is an Agent Workspace app that allows users to handle inbound and outbound, voice, and digital customer conversations, from their desktop or web browser.
Conversations allows agents to manage all inbound and outbound interactions using voice, SMS, Email, live chat, all in one place. It provides visibility on what’s happening in all channels in one single thread.
Note: At this time, SMS, Email and live chat channels are in Early Access. If you wish to know more, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Below, you can read our guidelines to learn more about:
- Accessing Conversations.
- Making calls.
- Receiving calls.
- Setting your availability.
- Muting and holding calls.
- Transferring calls (Blind Transfers).
- Adding a guest (Conferences).
- Recording calls.
- Using the Consult option (Warm Transfers).
- Adding notes.
- Enabling After Call Work & Call Disposition Dialog.
Accessing Conversations (Voice Channel)
Option 1 - Talkdesk web version via Talkdesk Main
Simply log in to the main Talkdesk page and head to the My Apps drop-down , at the top of your screen.
Look for the “Conversations”  logo to enter the app.
Note: This option is only available for admins.
Option 2 - Talkdesk web version via URL
Open the browser portal and add “/atlas” at the end of the URL Link. For example: [your-account-name].mytalkdesk.com/atlas
Note: For an optimal experience, the supported and recommended browser is Google Chrome.
If a pop-up appears, confirm that you wish to leave the current site by clicking “Leave”.
Option 3 - Talkdesk desktop version
If you have not installed the Talkdesk desktop application (for either macOS or Windows), then please refer to our installation guide here.
If you have the Talkdesk desktop application already installed, then simply log in to the application.
- Depending on your macOS system configurations, the operating system may not allow you to open an app that was not installed via the Apple Store. To grant permission, go to Security Settings > System Preferences > Security And Privacy > General tab.
- Conversations cannot be used simultaneously with Callbar. To revert to using Callbar, please remove the Conversations license from the Agent(s) in question.
- If you wish to set the Talkdesk CX Cloud Experience as the default experience for all or specific agents, then please refer to our guide here. This option is exclusive for Admins.
The initial screen when opening Conversations will display the Dial Pad .
From here, you will be able to:
- Choose the Outbound Caller ID  to perform the call (if this option is enabled by a Team Manager or Administrator).
- Choose a country code . To learn more about this option, please read the Default Prefix article. Note: This article mentions Callbar but is also applicable to Conversations.
- Type in a phone number manually or copy/paste it to the field . While dialing, you can see the information on the customer's name and/or number, as well as the number being used to perform the outbound call.
- Initiate a call to an external number by hitting the Call  button.
- Perform a call to another agent, by using the "Call an Agent" button .
By clicking on this button, a right-side panel will open, listing the agents that can be called. Browse the list of all available agents, and simply click a name from the directory that appears, in order to initiate an internal call.
Agents will be able to call other agents in green and yellow statuses. To know more about the meaning of each status, please read our full documentation on it.
It is also possible to search for an agent by inserting at least 3 characters in the search bar .
When receiving calls, you will be able to see the ring groups associated with the call and the number being used by the customer while calling. A “Context” card may also be visible, containing relevant customer information extracted from Studio.
Badges, pertaining to Contacts and any integration on the Contact Details card, are also displayed. Clicking them will pop open the contact's profile in Contacts or the selected integration.
To accept the call, press the Accept call button at the bottom of the page.
Setting your Availability
You can change your status at any time, in the bottom left corner, when you click on the status widget .
Talkdesk will change your status automatically when you are on a call if Automatic Away is enabled, or after a call if you have after call work enabled.
When you log out, please note that your status will change to "Offline".
Below the icon with your initials is a Status Timer, that displays how long you have been in a given status. After changing your status, the timer will be reset to “00:00”.
Muting and Holding Calls
To place a call on hold, simply click the Hold button  at the bottom of the page. When a call is on hold, the caller cannot hear you and will instead listen to a “hold music”. You cannot hear the caller but will hear a recurrent beeping sound.
Every time a caller is placed on hold, an "On hold" timer  is displayed at the top of the page. Agents can thus see how much time has passed since they’ve placed the customer on hold.
To mute a call, press the Mute button  at the bottom of the page. When a call is on mute, you can still hear the caller, but the caller is unable to hear you.
Transferring Calls (Blind Transfers)
To pass the call to another agent, use the Blind Transfer button . Clicking on the button opens a new right-side menu where you can:
- Transfer the call to another agent : Select or type in the name of any agent to confirm their status, and click on the agent to transfer the call. Remember that you are only able to transfer calls to agents that are in green and yellow statuses. To know more about the meaning of each status, please read our full documentation on it.
- Transfer the call to a ring group: Select the Ring groups tab  to transfer the call.
- Transfer the call to an external contact: Via the External number option , type or paste any phone number to direct the call externally.
Note: After transferring the call, you will be immediately disconnected from it, with no wait time until the other party picks up the call.
Adding a Guest (Conferences)
The "Add guest" option allows you to add guests to a call. A guest can be another agent, a customer/prospect/lead, or a manager.
- If you want to conference in more guests to a call, click the Add Guest button .
- To add an agent, choose the “Agents” tab and select or type in the name of any agent to confirm their status and add him/her to the call.
- You may also choose the External number tab  and type or select a number from the list. Simply press Enter to add the person to the existing call.
- You can add as many people as you'd like to the call.
- You can remove any guest (except the original contact/customer) by simply clicking the "Remove" button next to the contact in question.
Note: If you end the call, all other participants will be disconnected. This is because the creator of the conference call is the one who owns the connection between the different parties.
If the call recording feature has been enabled, the call will be recorded by default. You will see a recording icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
To pause the recording, press the Stop recording  option. This is helpful in preventing the recording of sensitive information (e.g. credit card details) during your call.
Once you hit pause, you will have a visual indicator showing the call recording as paused. To resume the call recording, click it again.
Using the Consult Option (Warm Transfers)
During a call, if you select the Consult icon , a panel will open on the right side.
Talkdesk Conversations allows you to choose an agent , ring group  or external number  to consult. It is also possible to search for an agent or ring group by inserting at least 3 characters in the search bar.
Following the consultation, you can decide to:
- Go back to the original call permanently.
- Transfer the original call to the contact you’re consulting with.
Adding a note to a caller’s activity is a useful way to keep your entire team informed about relevant details from past communications.
To add a note while the caller is on the phone:
- Click the Notes tab  to open the page. The “Notes” card  allows you to enter notes for the caller while the “Disposition” card  lets you log the “Disposition” for that call.
- You can close and reopen the notes at any time during the call, and any information added will be saved. Once the call is finished, the notes and dispositions will be added to the contact’s profile
Enabling After Call Work & Call Disposition Dialog
When a call ends, typically the agent’s status is automatically changed to “After Call Work”. This status allows agents to perform a set of tasks associated with the end of a call without receiving new calls.
If dispositions and the call disposition dialog are enabled, the status of the agent is also set to “After Call Work” while the call disposition dialog window is open.
You can enable a wrap-up time rule so that, after each call, the agent is automatically set to “'After Call Work”' for a predefined amount of time (or until they explicitly change their status).
Once this timeout is reached, agents are automatically put back into their status before the call, unless the call disposition dialog is still open, in which case the status is only changed back when this window closes.
To enable After Call Work and the Call Disposition Dialog, follow these steps:
- On your browser, log in to your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the Admin  section.
- Select the Agents  tab.
- Use the "Agents" field  and the filtering options  to search for an agent or group of agents.
- Select “After Call Work Settings” from the “Actions”  dropdown menu.
- Alternatively, from the agents’ list, click on the name of the agent whose settings you wish to modify. Once on the agent’s page, scroll down to the “After Call Work Settings”  section.
- In both cases, to enable “After Call Work” settings, switch the toggle to the “ON”  position. If you wish to disable “'After Call Work”, switch this toggle to the left, to the OFF position.
- Select an “After Call Work Timeout”  option from the dropdown menu. This option determines the time before an agent is automatically put back into the status that was set prior to the call unless the disposition window is still open.
- Tick the boxes if you wish to show the Call Disposition dialog for Inbound Calls only, Outbound Calls only, or both .
- When finished, click Save at the bottom of the page to apply these settings.
Note: When “After Call Work” is disabled, agents will immediately change back to their previous status when a call ends - unless the call disposition window is still open, in which case agents will stay in “After Call Work” until this window is manually or automatically closed.
Talkdesk’s E911 feature ensures that when a 911 call comes from the Talkdesk system, Talkdesk will use a “Verified Physical Location” tied to the user or device, so that the dispatcher can receive geographic data from the telephone company.
For full information regarding this feature, please visit our full E911 documentation, here.
Note: Emergency calls are only supported in the USA and Canada.