Note: Effective June 21, 2021, Talkdesk Classic Inbound Routing will no longer be available to sell to new customers. New customer accounts will only be able to configure inbound routing behavior through Studio.
The agent's status is a helpful way to show your entire team whether you are free to take a call.
This is also how Talkdesk knows if calls should be sent your way, or if you are busy or away from your desk, and calls should be sent to another agent or voicemail.
You can change your status at any time from the navigation bar, using the drop-down menu in the top-right corner .
Talkdesk will also change your status automatically when you are on a call.
When your status changes, everyone signed in to Talkdesk will know what you’re up to. They can see your status in the reporting tab, when transferring calls and when starting a conference call.
If your status is red or gray, you can’t receive calls. If your status is orange, you may receive transferred calls. If your status is green, calls can be routed to you.
By default, Talkdesk includes the following statuses:
- Available › you are logged in to Talkdesk and free to take calls.
- On a Call › you are logged in to Talkdesk and busy speaking with a customer. When you make or receive a call, Talkdesk automatically changes your status to "On a Call".
- After Call Work › your status may automatically change to "After Call Work" after you end an inbound or outbound call, for a predefined amount of time, or while you are taking notes. During this time, you can wrap up the call and calls will not be routed to you. The exact behavior depends on the "After Call Work" settings defined by your Administrator.
- Away › you are logged in to Talkdesk but away from your computer. Away agents might be on breaks, training sessions or completing other tasks that keep them away from the phone. However, the away status will still allow you to receive call transfers, should you wish to accept these.
- Offline › you are not able to take calls. The "Offline" status indicates that you are not signed in to Talkdesk and are unable to receive calls. Offline agents are typically not at work. When you sign out of Talkdesk, your status is automatically changed to "Offline".
Note: Your administrator can modify or add more status options (for example, lunch break) so there may be more status options than the default ones already in your account. By changing the name of each of the above statuses and also defining new ones, such as "Break", "Lunch", "Meeting", "Training", etc., teams can stay on the same page, using the language and terms that are most familiar to them. This is also a great way for everyone on your team to know exactly why someone is "Away".