In order to use Talkdesk Mobile Agent, you'll need the following:
- An Android smartphone or Tablet running Android Marshmallow or a later version, or, an Apple iPhone or iPad running iOS 13 or a later version, or, an Apple iPad running iOS 13 or a later version.
- Network connection with a minimum 3G data signal.
- 100 kbit/sec for voice calls.
- Mobile Agent feature to be enabled in Talkdesk main web application, under Admin﹥Preferences.
Using the App
The following guides in the sections below are based around using a mobile device. For tablets, you will have exactly the same functionality but with an interface adapted to the new screen, taking advantage of the increased viewport. Mobile Agent for Tablet supports Split View allowing you to work on two apps at the same time. Please refer to your device documentation to know how to leverage Split View and Multitasking.
- Go to Google PlayStore on your Android device, or to the App Store on your Apple device, and search for "Talkdesk".
- Tap on "Install" and open the app.
- Enter the account name and tap Next .
If using an Apple device, tap "Continue" to allow the app and website to share your information.
- Enter the user credentials and tap Login .
- If prompted, tap Allow  to enable audio recording.
You start with an empty Call Activity screen . This will become populated with the date and duration of the calls you make, receive, and those you miss, using the Mobile Agent .
- To change your status, start by tapping on your avatar .
- In the account screen, select your new status from the list .
To receive calls, ensure your status is set to "Available".
When you receive an Inbound call, you’ll see different information depending on your device and current navigation in the operating system. In all cases you are given the option to Accept or Reject / Decline the call . The first time you accept a call in iOS, you have to first allow the Mobile App to access the microphone .
To manually find a contact, click on the Contacts icon to go to the "Contacts" screen  and scroll to find the a specific contact.
To search for a contact, start typing  one of the following:
The list is populated with all relevant matches , from where you can select your specific contact. All recent searches are stored in Mobile Agent for quick navigation.
When you tap the desired contact, all relevant information is displayed including:
- Contact pop
You can call the contact using the call shortcut next to the number. If the outbound caller ID is not selectable, it will initiate the call automatically. On the other hand, if the outbound caller ID is selectable, it will open the dialer.
If the contact is synced from Salesforce / Zendesk (and it or they are installed on the same device), the Contact Pop section appears allowing you to open this contact on the Salesforce / Zendesk app.
Note: Talkdesk custom fields are not yet available in the Mobile Agent app.
Selecting the Outbound Number
If you have more than one number linked to your account, you can change the outbound number from where the call will be made easily by going to the Call Activity screen  and tapping the keypad button . From there, tap Team Number  and select the number you wish to call from.
Note: The outbound numbers are synched from Callbar and Talkdesk Main.
Making an Outbound Call
There are four ways to input a number to make an outbound call. You can simply tap an entry in the Call Activity screen . Alternatively, tap the keypad button  and:
- Long press the “0” digit and type the country code and number.
- Paste the full number including the country code into the input field (E.164 format).
- Choose the country code by pressing the flag icon and type or paste the number.
With the correct number in place, tap Call  to place the outbound call.
During a live call, you have the following information available.
- Ring Groups 
- Contact Details 
- Context  (if the call is originated in a Studio flow)
Additionally, you have the following call control options:
- Speaker 
- Keypad/DTMF 
- Mute 
- Hold 
- Disconnect 
Note: When you finish a call, by default you will be placed into "After Call Work" (ACW) if your account settings determine so.
Split Screen Mode (Tablets and iPads)
The split screen option allows you to work in two different contexts simultaneously. You can choose which contexts you want to have open, which side of the screen you want them on and you can also adjust the size of them to your preference.
- Navigate to the Account screen .
- Tap the “Logout” button .
You will be redirected to the login/account selection screen .