The Live Monitoring feature assures interaction quality and provides real-time assistance to agents while handling an interaction.
It helps with onboarding new agents, periodic quality checks, as well as assistance when new processes, products, or services are introduced.
Editing Monitoring Permissions
To do so, please follow these steps:
Go to Admin , and then Roles and Permissions  on your Talkdesk account.
Click on the name of the specific role  for which you want to add the Monitor permission.
3. Access the Permissions tab and select the Edit icon .
4. In the “Reporting: Live” section, select Monitor  under “Supervisor Actions”, to allow users to perform Live Monitoring.
Accessing Live Monitoring
In order to use the Live Monitoring function, please do the following:
- Log in to your Talkdesk account, and click on Live  in Workspace.
Note: To access the Live Monitor feature, add the following widgets to your dashboard:
Live Contacts List.
Live Agents List.
To learn how to create a new dashboard, please check here.
Activating Live Audio and Screen Monitoring
You can monitor audio in an ongoing call by following these steps:
- On the “Live Contacts List” widget, click on the More Options button  associated with the call.
- Select the Monitor  option.
Tip: Alternatively, go to the “Live Agents List” widget, and follow the steps above.
A pop-up window will appear with information about the ongoing call with the audio on:
- A timer will show how long you are monitoring the call .
- The following agent’s contacts appear :
- Phone number, name, and email address, if available.
- The customer’s information .
- Four action buttons:
- “Barge call” : Click here to be heard by the agent, the contact, and to unmute your microphone. By default, this option is off. To mute your microphone again, just select it again.
- “Whisper to agent” : Choose this option to be heard only by the agent, and to unmute your microphone. By default, this option is off. To mute your microphone again, just select it again.
- “View screen” .
- “Turn sound off” .
If the Screen Recording feature is enabled for the agent, by default the view will integrate Audio and Screen Monitoring.
Using Live Screen Monitoring
If you are monitoring an ongoing call, and you want to monitor only audio, just click on the “Hide screen” button at the bottom of the window.
To live monitor the agent screen/desktop, without an ongoing call, do the following:
- On the “Live Contacts List” widget, click on the More Options button  associated with the agent you want to monitor.
- Select the Monitor  option.
A new window will appear with the following:
- A timer  where you can see for how long you are monitoring the agent.
- Agent’s information .
Tip: To leave the live screen monitoring, close the window.
Note: To allow for live screen monitoring, agents must use the Callbar Electron or Conversations Workspace Desktop version (as opposed to the web-based one).