If you wish to analyze your metrics for inbound calls, please follow these steps:
- Start by clicking the Reporting section .
- Select the Explore tab .
- Select the Inbound Dashboard :
- Configure the filters you wish to apply .
- Press Run .
These are the available filters in the Inbound Dashboard:
- Date - Choose the desired time period for your analysis by clicking in the corresponding fields for Date.
- Timezone - By default the dashboard is using your account Timezone, but you can adjust to a Timezone that better reflects your needs in the Timezone filter.
- Data Aggregation - You can select the time interval by minute, hour, day, week, or month, so that the chart displays the data with the chosen aggregation.
- Call Ring Group - By default the Inbound dashboard displays all calls received by your company, but it might be useful for you to only see calls received on specific ring groups.
- Dedicated Line - With this filter you can opt to keep or remove from the dashboard the calls handled on dedicated lines.
- Phone Number - Similar to when filtering by Ring Group you might want to narrow your analysis to check the activity for one (or more) of your company’s phone number(s).
Note: If you pick a long timeframe (for example, one month), the full data aggregation at the minute or hour level will not be displayed because the results returned from such combination are not visually significant. Explore will ignore your selection and automatically pick the best data aggregation (for example, for a timeframe of 90 days, the aggregation will be per week).
For more information, please check the article Filtering Dashboards and Reports.
Once the filters are applied, scroll down within the Dashboard to learn about the different metrics available for your inbound calls:
Total Inbound Metrics
- Total Calls : number of inbound calls processed by the call center.
- Answered Calls : number of inbound calls answered by agents.
- Missed Calls : number of inbound calls that were not answered.
- Abandoned Calls : number of inbound calls with customers hanging up before the calls getting routed to an agent.
- Short Abandoned Calls : number of calls that have entered the system, but the customer disconnected before the configured threshold.
- Voicemails : number of missed inbound calls for which a voicemail was left.
Answered Calls Metrics
For your inbound answered calls , you can analyze and compare these metrics:
- Completed During Business Hours  - inbound calls answered by an agent during business hours.
- Completed Outside Business Hours  - inbound calls answered by an agent outside of business hours.
- Completed While Holding  - number of inbound calls where the caller hung up while on hold after talking to an agent.
- Completed While Transferring  - number of inbound calls where the caller hung up while being transferred to another agent.
Missed Calls Metrics
You can also analyze and compare your inbound missed calls  that have been:
- Missed During Business Hours  - number of inbound calls that were missed during business hours.
- Missed Outside Business Hours  - inbound calls that were missed outside of business hours.
Abandoned Calls Metrics
Next, you can see how many of your inbound abandoned calls  were:
- Abandoned in IVR  - number of inbound calls abandoned while in the IVR.
- Abandoned in Waiting Queue  - number of inbound calls abandoned while in the waiting queue.
- Abandoned-Disconnected  - number of inbound abandoned calls for which hang up reason is other than IVR or waiting.
Short Abandoned Calls Metrics
Next, you have metrics for Short Abandoned Calls  allowing you to check how many were:
- Short Abandoned in IVR  - number of inbound calls short-abandoned while in the IVR.
- Short Abandoned in Waiting Queue  - number of inbound calls short-abandoned while in the waiting queue.
Note: Previously, the metrics "Short Abandoned in IVR" and "Short Abandoned in Waiting Queue" were presented as a percentage. To offer you the same context that is provided by the other metrics in this dashboard, these two metrics are now presented as absolute numbers.
- Short Abandoned-Disconnected  - number of inbound short-abandoned calls for which hang up reason is other than IVR or waiting.
Finally, for the inbound voicemails received , you can analyze and compare:
- Voicemail During Business Hours  - number of voicemails left during business hours.
- Voicemail Outside Business Hours  - number of voicemails left outside of business hours.
- Voicemail from IVR  - number of voicemails left from the IVR.
- Voicemail from Waiting Queue  - number of voicemails that were left while in the waiting queue.
If you have the permissions to do so, you can also download the dashboard as PDF or CSV for a more detailed analysis. To do this, simply click the gear icon and choose the desired option. You can also request the report to be sent to specific e-mail addresses and set a schedule. For more information, please check the articles Downloading and Sending Dashboards and Creating Schedules.