Missed calls are calls that:
- Rang at least one agent and were not answered or have been rejected. Please note: If the call goes to the queue and is answered by another agent it will not count as a missed call.
- If calls are routed to voicemail directly (for example, outside of business hours) calls that hang up during the voicemail greeting, but prior to the voicemail prompt, or beep, will be considered missed.
- Callers that hang up during the "Available Agents Greeting".
- As a rule of thumb, once a customer has connected with at least one agent, the call can no longer be considered Missed.
Abandoned calls are calls that:
- Did not reach the agents because the customer disconnected while in the waiting queue or in the IVR. Learn more about abandoned calls.
- During business hours, in the majority of cases, calls that are hung up in the waiting queue are considered abandoned calls.
- If a caller is routed to voicemail from the waiting queue without being presented to an agent (via voicemail IVR option), and the hang up occurs before the caller leaves a voicemail, the call will again be considered Abandoned.
- Outside of business hours, when After Hours IVR is enabled, any calls that hang up within the Welcome Greeting or the IVR will also be considered abandoned calls.