A missed call is a call that:
- Rang at least one agent and was either not answered or was rejected. Please note: if the call goes to the queue and is answered by another agent it will not count as a missed call.
- Was routed to voicemail directly (for example, outside of business hours) but the caller hung up during the voicemail greeting (prior to the voicemail prompt or beep).
- Was hung up by the caller during the Available Agents Greeting.
- Was handled by an agent, then transferred and no agent answered the call transfer. For example, a call is blind transferred by one agent to a ring group, goes into the waiting queue because all agents are busy, stays in the waiting queue and no agent answers the call.
An abandoned call is a call that:
- Did not reach the agents because the caller hung up while in the waiting queue or in the IVR. Learn more about abandoned calls.
- Was routed to voicemail from the waiting queue without being presented to an agent (via voicemail IVR option), and the caller hung up before leaving voicemail.
- Was hung up within the Welcome Greeting or the IVR, outside of business hours, and with After Hours IVR enabled for the account.
Note: As a rule of thumb, once a customer has connected with at least one agent, the call can no longer be considered Abandoned.