If you need to disconnect or completely uninstall Talkdesk for Salesforce, for troubleshooting or other reasons, you can follow these guidelines.
Before starting, please make sure that you have System Administrator permissions in Salesforce, and/or the ability to create, update and delete AppExchange packages.
To minimize the impact, we recommend executing these steps after-hours or during periods of lower call volume.
Disconnecting Talkdesk for Salesforce
Disconnecting means removing the integration between your Talkdesk account and Salesforce.
Disconnecting and reconnecting is actually a necessary procedure if you have refreshed your sandbox account and need to use it again.
Note: Some configurations will be lost and you’ll need to configure them again, such as automations enablements (automations are kept but the status is changed to disabled). Also, you will need to reconfigure Omnichannel and remap its statuses. Sentiment settings will also be lost and require reconfiguring.
While disconnected, your automations or Talkdesk Activities will also not be logged.
To disconnect and reconnect your account:
- Click on the 'Talkdesk Admin' tab.
- In 'Account', hit the 'Disconnect From Talkdesk' button .
Reconnecting is very simple: just enter your Talkdesk credentials in the 'Talkdesk Admin' tab. Next, review your settings and re-enable automations (Step 10 onwards from our Installing Talkdesk for Salesforce article instructions).
Note: Disconnecting and reconnecting only works if you reconnect to the same Salesforce org.
There may be situations in which disconnecting is enough, so we strongly recommend trying this option first before uninstalling the managed package.
Uninstalling Talkdesk for Salesforce
If you need to not just disconnect and reconnect but completely uninstall Talkdesk for Salesforce Managed Package, select 'Setup'  from the upper right-hand corner in Salesforce.
Always disconnect first before uninstalling the managed package by following the steps above. If you don’t do this, Talkdesk will keep the current configuration for Salesforce, so when you try to connect again after reinstalling, this will not work.
- Search for 'Installed Packages'  in the quick find box, or select it from the left sidebar.
- Next, click 'Uninstall'  next to the managed package you wish to uninstall.
- In the page that opens, click again on 'Uninstall'.
Save a copy of the data before uninstalling:
- At the bottom of the page, select 'Save a copy of this package's data for 48 hours after uninstall' so that you can recover it when you reinstall the managed package.
- Tick 'Yes, I want to uninstall this package and permanently delete all associated components'.
- Select 'Uninstall'.
You will be directed to the 'Installed Packages' page, where you can check the status.
When the uninstall is complete, you will receive an email containing the link to the export file (a ZIP with CSV files). Go to Step 3 for guidelines on how to recover the data using this file.
Note: The link to the export file will be available for only 48 hours, so you should save a copy of the file in a safe location.
Uninstall error messages
Permission Set Assignments
If you have one or more users using Talkdesk for Salesforce and uninstall the managed package, you may get an error message (e.g. "Unable to uninstall package"). This is due to the Permission Set Assignments. You need to remove these from each user first, before proceeding.
- Select 'Setup' and search for the 'Users' section.
- Click on the user’s name.
- Hover over the 'Permission Set Assignments' field and click 'Del' to remove the permission.
Custom Page Layouts
You may also get an error message if you have any custom page layouts, such as SMS. You need to remove these too.
- If you are in Lightning, switch to Salesforce Classic.
- In 'Setup', search for 'Cases' > 'Page Layout'.
- Click 'Edit' on the Page Layout that does not have a Feed-Based Layout.
- Scroll down and remove the section.
- Press 'Save'.
Step 3: Reinstalling the Managed Package and Recovering Data
If you wish to reinstall Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package, download it from AppExchange and follow the guidelines in the article Installing Talkdesk for Salesforce.
Note: You need to reinstall the managed package in the same Salesforce org from which it was uninstalled.
After reinstalling, you can recover your data using the export file created before.
- Click on the link provided in the email that you received.
- Click on 'Data' to download the ZIP file.
To import the data back into Salesforce, you need to use an import tool like the Data Import Wizard or Data Loader.
For more details, please check the documentation from Salesforce on importing package data.
Tip: You can look for the tool using the search bars in Salesforce.
If you need additional guidance with the above steps, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com