One of Talkdesk for Salesforce’s most beneficial features is automations. Automations work similarly to Salesforce’s workflow rules and can be used to automate many of the manual call center tasks that your agents perform daily.
Our customers often report that Talkdesk automations increase the productivity of their agents by 25-30%. When agents have more time to focus on what they do best, they’re able to maximize their time and get more done each day.
Viewing your Automations
Talkdesk for Salesforce includes several out-of-the-box automations (also known as “recipes”). You can view these automations and enable/disable them using the instructions below.
- Click App Launcher  and select Talkdesk Admin .
- Select Automations . This will reveal Talkdesk’s default automations. Clicking the Enable/Disable toggle button  will update the automated task’s activation.
- If you would like to add more automations, simply click Customize  located at the bottom of the list. This will take you to the “Integrations Manager” page.
- Select Salesforce  from the list of integrations.
- Click Add New Automated Task  to begin defining the new automation.
Creating automations is simple when you think of each recipe as operating under an “if/then” model: If something happens in Talkdesk, then do something in Salesforce.
Examples of Talkdesk events that can activate an automation include inbound/outbound calls, missed calls, abandoned calls, left voicemails and more.
Examples of Salesforce actions that can be taken as a result of an automation include call logging, case creation, note creation, task creation and more.
Example: Creating a Task in Salesforce from a Voicemail
To serve as an example we’ll go through the steps for setting up an automation to create a Salesforce task whenever a voicemail is left for a particular phone number:
- Use the dropdown menus  to configure the event and action, “When a voicemail is left in Talkdesk Internal then create a task in Salesforce”.
- To help you further refine your automation, you have the option of adding a variety of filters to an event. These filters allow you to specify factors such as who the caller is, who the agent is, which ring group the call went to, etc.
- To add a filter, simply click Add Filter . We’ll define the filter as “Contact Center number Is equal <phone>” for this example.
- Depending on what action you have selected for your recipe, the system will allow you to customize the form fields  associated with the automated task.
- Drag and drop any of the fields from the left-hand side of the page into the text boxes to customize the “Subject” and “Description” of the task in Salesforce.
- Note: To ensure that your automation will be activated properly, please take care to use only Talkdesk fields that will have a true value. For example, if the field “contact website” is not filled out for a particular contact, then any automation including that field in the message will not be activated.
- Hit Save  at the bottom of the page to activate the automation.
- You can disable and re-enable this automated task at any time, by switching the toggle to OFF/ON.
This automation will now appear in both Talkdesk and Talkdesk for Salesforce where you can turn it on/off at any time.
To ensure that you and your team are getting the most out of Talkdesk’s automations, we encourage you to speak with our Professional Services team during implementation about which automations are right for your business needs. They can walk you through the steps of creating an automation and tailor them specifically for your use case.
If you need additional guidance post-implementation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.