Once you have installed our Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package and have Omni-Channel (OC) properly configured and enabled in Salesforce, follow the instructions below to set up Talkdesk for Salesforce Omni-Channel with Service Cloud.
Note: Please make sure you enable OC status sync after business hours to not disrupt agent workflows, as statuses will start syncing immediately.
Configuring Salesforce Omni-Channel
1. Create Presence Statuses that will map to Talkdesk agent statuses, to indicate whether an agent is online and available to receive incoming work items, or whether the agent is away or offline. For example, you can create an "Available for calls" or "Available for all" status that will map to Talkdesk "Available" status.
- We suggest adding additional statuses to your Salesforce presence status to mirror Talkdesk statuses, such as “On a Call”, “After Call Work” and "Away", to stop additional work items from queuing to your agents. This will also provide better visibility via the Omni-Channel supervisor view.
Follow these steps to create Presence Statuses:
- Perform a search for "Omni-Channel":
- Click on Presence Statuses.
- Click on New.
- Fill out the Basic Information, as exemplified in the image above.
Enter a "Status Name", an "API name", and choose whether the agents show as online or busy with the "Status Option".
Note: Clicking the "Busy" Status Option for a Presence Status, will stop any additional work items from reaching an agent.
- Click on Save.
2. Enable Service Presence Status Access:
- Follow the Salesforce article on how to Make Presence Statuses available to agents who are assigned to certain profiles.
- Then, make sure all agents who will be using the Omni-Channel integration are assigned to the correct profile, which grants them the appropriate permissions to sign in with any of the presence statuses you made available.
- After you create a Presence Status, you must assign it to your agents through a Profile or Permission Set before they have access to it.
3. Create Presence Configurations:
- Go to Presence Configurations and click New.
- Follow the Salesforce instructions on the Presence Configuration article and determine the Omni-Channel settings that are assigned to your agents.
4. Add the Omni-Channel widget to the Salesforce console so that your agents can start receiving work:
Set up Omni-Channel in Talkdesk
We recommend creating any additional statuses in Talkdesk to mirror Omni-Channel statuses, in order to improve the accuracy of reporting or Talkdesk Live. For instance, if you have a “Chat Only” status in Omni-Channel, create a new “Chat Only” busy status in Talkdesk. This way, when your agent selects this in Omni-Channel, you can block calls in Talkdesk and have better visibility from Talkdesk.
- To do this, go to Talkdesk Admin → Omni-Channel and switch the ‘Omni-Channel’ toggle to the right (enabled position).
- Map Talkdesk's statuses to your Omni-Channel's statuses and Save.
Note: Omni-Channel statuses should only have one urgent channel at a time, meaning you should not mix voice with chat or another channel that requires constant and immediate attention.
Statuses don’t have to be one to one, however, it might be easier to do that. You can use the same status mapped to different statuses, e.g., you can use Talkdesk’s “Away” status for multiple Omni-Channel statuses, i.e. “Away from desk” or “Lunch break”.
Also, please note that Talkdesk “On a Call” status is reserved only for when a call is happening and is thus omitted for the Omni-Channel to Talkdesk mapping (you can't select it on the Talkdesk side). Your agents should not be triggering “On a Call Status” from the Omni-Channel widget, but in case they do, you should map the Omni-Channel “On a Call” status to a Talkdesk "Away" status.
In the Talkdesk to Omni-Channel setting, we omitted the "Offline" status for Omni-Channel so that Talkdesk doesn’t kick your agents off of Omni-Channel based on their Talkdesk status.