Custom fields enable you to add relevant information to your contacts’ profiles in accordance with your business needs.
When agents click a contact’s name or phone number in Callbar, or in the Calls, Voicemails or Contacts sections, they get instant visibility of a caller’s number, email, address, etc.
If custom fields are added to the contact’s profile, apart from the above-mentioned information, agents can get additional context when handling calls.
To add a custom field to your contacts’ profiles, follow the steps below:
Adding a Custom Field
- Select the Admin section of your Talkdesk account .
- Click the Preferences tab .
- Scroll down to Custom Fields  and type in your new field to be displayed on the contact’s profile (i.e. Account ID, Subscription Plan, Tenant_Talkdesk, etc.).
- If needed, press Add Custom Field to continue adding additional fields.
- Press Save to apply your changes .
Your custom fields are now automatically added to all your new and existing contacts.