Note: If you are using Talkdesk Studio™, these settings may not be applicable. Effective June 21, 2021, Talkdesk Classic Inbound Routing will no longer be available to sell to new customers. New customer accounts will only be able to configure inbound routing behavior through Studio.
Your Outside Business Hours Message is what the callers hear when they call your company outside of business hours. An example of a common Outside Business Hours Message is, “Thank you for calling mycompany . We are currently unavailable to take your call. Please leave a message after the beep, or contact us during business hours Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. Thank you!”.
To customize your Outside Business Hours Message follow these instructions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an administrator.
- Click the "Admin" section .
- Select the "Numbers" tab .
- Click the phone number for which you would like to configure the customized Outside Business Hours Message.
- Select the "Greetings" tab .
- Scroll down until you see "Outside Business Hours Message" .
- Add a new message by following the steps below:
- Click the "Add New Message" link . Or, you can choose an already existing message .
- Assign your Outside Business Hours message a name by typing it into the box next to "Message Name". This will be the label applied to your message in Talkdesk. Callers will not hear the message name.
- If you would like to type in a message to be converted to audio, select "Text to Speech"  and type your message next to the box labeled "Message".
- Alternatively, if you have a pre-recorded message that you would like to play to callers, select "Upload File”  and click the "Choose File” button. Talkdesk currently supports mp3 and wav file types. If you have a file saved in another format, you can convert it to a format we support by using this tool.
- "Save" your new message .
- Once you have finished, click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Important: repeat these steps for each required phone number in your account.
Note: When the After Hours IVR option is enabled, the Outside Business Hours Message will not be played.