Which Talkdesk features support SMS?
Our SMS implementation supports the manual sending and receipt of SMS messages through Talkdesk for Salesforce, Talkdesk Feedback, and Talkdesk Digital Engagement. It also provides structured records of each SMS that comes in and goes out, which can be leveraged for reporting purposes. We do not support the automated sending and receipt of SMS messages for notification or marketing purposes.
What are the requirements to use Talkdesk SMS?
- While we can send outbound SMS messages, please ensure that you are in compliance with all relevant laws when doing so. For more information, please see our SMS Legal Obligations.
- Please note that only mobile phone numbers can receive SMS messages.
- Other requirements are also applicable, depending on the service that you are using:
- Talkdesk for Salesforce: To use SMS with Salesforce, you must have the app Talkdesk for Salesforce installed to your Salesforce environment and the features correctly enabled. In the Salesforce SMS Component, SMS can be used with Cases and Contacts. In Smart SMS, it can be used with Cases, Contacts and Leads.
- Talkdesk Feedback: The SMS surveys will always be sent from a separate and unique US Talkdesk-owned phone number. For more details, please see the documentation on Sentiment and Talkdesk Feedback.
- Talkdesk Digital Engagement: You need to have at least one SMS channel fully configured.
Note: With the release of Talkdesk Digital Engagement, Talkdesk will be deprecating the Classic Omnichannel offering, and upgrading all customers to Talkdesk Digital Engagement. For more details, please read our Announcement.
Which countries are supported and what is the price?
We support several countries in both inbound and outbound SMS depending on the service being used.
You can confirm the SMS pricing for each country by downloading, from the Billing tab, the rate card applicable to your account.
In case the country is not available, we apply the default pricing (indicated by a blank cell in the Country Code column).
SMS messages are charged on the basis of each message sent by our carriers which means that messages sent or received that are more than 160 characters must be split into multiple messages and may, therefore, incur multiple charges.
Does Talkdesk support outbound MMS?