In Talkdesk Dialer™, the dialed records in a campaign are affected by some configurations.
Aspects that can affect the dialing order are:
- The Record’s priority.
- The Record’s attempt.
- The Dialing order chosen by the Admin (this can be First In First Out or Last In First Out).
- The record’s last updated date or created date, and its position on CSV file or bulk request.
Considering all these aspects, the dialing order follows this order:
- First sorting criteria: Record’s priority
The first records to be dialed will be the ones with higher priority.
In a scenario where there is a list with 100 records and 10 of those records have higher priority, these 10 records will be exhausted before moving to the other ones. This means that all high priority record attempts will be done before moving to the first attempt of the lower priority ones.
Records with the same priority will follow the next sorting criteria.
Note: For more details about adding the priority to the record list, please consult this article.
- Second sorting criteria: Record’s attempts
If the records have the same priority, the second criteria will be calling records that have never been dialed before. After all the first attempts are done, then other attempts will take place based on the retry period per record.
The retry period is configured in the campaign, and it represents the minimum period the Dialer can dial, the exact dial time will depend on the number of records already queued by strongest priorities.
Note: To know more about configuring attempts and retrying periods in a campaign, please read this article.
- Third sorting criteria: Last updated or uploaded date
The third criteria is the last updated or uploaded date. This will vary depending on the dialing order defined in the campaign (LIFO or FIFO).
- FIFO (First In First Out): the dialer will dial the oldest records first, based on the last updated date.
- LIFO (Last In First Out): the dialer will dial the newest records first, based on the last updated date.
Note: To know more details about configuring LIFO or FIFO in a campaign, please check this article.
- Fourth sorting criteria: Position on CSV file or bulk request
When inserting records via bulk insert and CSV, all records will have the same create/update time, so this will help sort those records that have the same create/update time.