This article shows all the steps to create a Dialer campaign, with some explanations about each field and capability.
To create a campaign on the Talkdesk Dialer™, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Campaigns .
2. Click on Create Campaign .
3. Enter a name on the new campaign pop-up window .
4. Click Next .
Then, complete the following fields to define the campaign dialing mode:
5. Configure your “Campaign priority”  on a scale from 1 (the lowest) to 10 (the highest). The default priority for any campaign is 5.
Note: If you share agents for various campaigns with different priorities (e.g. Campaign A has priority 10, and Campaign B has priority 5), the Records in the campaign with the lowest priority will only be dialed when there are no more records to be dialed in the highest priority campaign (either because records have been finished or scheduled to be retried later). In campaigns with the same priority, the dialer will call records for both campaigns, randomly allocating agents in between.
Tip: It is recommended that different campaigns have differing priorities.
6. “Max. dialing ratio” : Will determine the number of calls the dialer will launch per agent.
7. “Max. abandonment rate” .
Note: While the campaign is running, the “Max. abandonment rate” may exceed the specified rate for several reasons, including an unexpected change in agent status, among others. Therefore, for campaigns targeting strictly regulated markets such as US/UK, we recommend looking out for an abandonment rate in the dashboard and stopping the campaign, if it goes beyond the numbers specified in the campaign.
8. “Abandonment timeout” : Determine when the dialer automatically disconnects an answered call that has not yet been connected to an agent.
9. “Max. ring time” : Define when the dialer will automatically disconnect an unanswered call.
10. Disable/Enable “Answering machine detection” , and click Next.
11. Click on Select Caller IDs .
A pop-up window appears. As a campaign manager, you can have multiple caller IDs. The default setting for using multiple caller IDs is as follows:
- The first Caller ID will be used for all first attempts on the records.
- The 2nd Caller ID will be used for all second attempts on the records.
- The 3rd Caller ID will be used for all third attempts on the records, and so forth.
- Select the numbers you wish to add to the campaign. When you’re done, click Select.
- Set up the “Calling hours”  according to your specifications.
- Choose the Dialing Order  in which the records in the campaign will be consumed. The options are:
- First in First Out: the system will consume the record list from the first record to the last one
- Last in First Out: the system will consume the record list from the last record to the first one
15. Add the “Global max. attempts per record”  and the “Default retry period” .
16. If your campaign strategy requires making attempts to multiple phone types associated with the same record, enable the “Record Chaining Strategy” .
17. To reorder the “Phone Number types”, click on the left side of the phone number type , and drag it, up or down.
18. Define the number of “Attempts”  per “Phone number type.
Tip: It is required not to exceed the “Global Max Attempts Campaign” setting.
19. Define “Retry time” in seconds, minutes, hours, or days .
- Currently, the first “Phone number type” listed will be exhausted before launching calls on the next Phone Type.
- If you want to dial one phone number type per time, you can put the number of attempts as 1. Then, the dialer will dial each phone number per time and do it all over again until it reaches the max. Attempts per record defined in .
- If the Global Max. Attempts for the campaign are set to 5 and each Phone Type has attempts set to two, the dialing will stop once the Global Max Attempts have been reached, in this case, two.
The phone number type can have a custom label that is changed in “Configurations”, please check Setting Custom Labels in a Campaign.
- Phone Type 1: Three attempts with a retry time of 30 seconds.
- Phone Type 2: Two attempts, with a retry time of 30 seconds.
The phone type 1 will be dialed and retried 30 seconds later, if no answer, repeating until all attempts for that phone type have been met. At this point, the Global Retry period will be observed before phone type 2 is attempted.
20. Determine the campaign’s “Dispositions”. To configure these, you can click on admin area of your Talkdesk account .
Note: To learn how to create dispositions, please read the article Creating a Disposition Set for a Campaign.
21. Configure your “System dispositions”  to customize the retry strategy for “Busy”, “No Answer”, and other results. Define the “Max busy attempts per record” , and the “Retry period after busy attempts” .
Note: Repeat the step above until each System Disposition is configured to your preference. For dispositions without custom rules, the dialer will use the Global Max Attempts and the Default Retry Period defined in the campaign.
22. Click Apply  to save your new campaign Dispositions. Scroll up and hit Next to go to the next step in the Campaign Configuration.
23. Choose your Table options view . You can see more agents per page and/or select all agents on a page. Select the number of agents you want to appear.
Note: To select all agents in a page, check the checkbox near “Name”.
24. Select the “Agents” you want to have in the Campaign . If you wish to filter by ring groups, choose Filters .
25. Search and filter by "Ring Groups" .
26. Select Apply  and, on the main page, click Next.
27. Select Add record lists .
28. Choose the lists that you want to associate with the Campaign , and click Add .
Tip: You can assign as many lists as needed to the campaign.
29. If you prefer to include a Do Not Call List, click on Add DNC lists .
30. Select the lists to be uploaded to the Campaign, and hit Apply .
You can only add one Do Not Call List per Campaign.
Note: Besides a phone number, “Do not call entries” may have an expiration date (optional). The dialer will not automatically call entries in “Do not call Lists”, unless the expiration date is overdue. Check Uploading a List to know how to add a list programmatically or via CSV upload.
31. Click Create .