The following instructions will assist the application Administrator in configuring Custom Storage for Amazon Web Service (AWS).
Important Notes: Please be aware of the following restrictions before beginning these instructions:
- Existing Recording Management: Existing recordings (previously made and stored in a Talkdesk S3 bucket) will not be copied to the new custom storage S3 bucket, when one is added, but will remain accessible for playback in the Talkdesk S3 bucket.
- Permissions and Retention: All workflows and logic tied to your recordings, including access permissions and deletion policy, still apply to custom storage and will remain the same as stated in your Talkdesk account retention policy.
- Configuration Limitations: Once you complete changing your storage provider to AWS, it will not be -configurable on Talkdesk by you as a user. To make further changes to Custom Storage, you will need to contact Talkdesk Support.
Part 1: Setting up your S3 bucket
1. Navigate and log in to console.aws.amazon.com
2. Click on Services  and select S3  under “Storage”.
3. Click Create bucket .
4. Name the bucket (no spaces) and select the appropriate region .
5. Click Create .
For additional security, you can further protect your data by enabling default encryption on a bucket, so that all objects are encrypted when they are stored in the bucket.
Note: For more information, consult Amazon’s documentation on how to enable default encryption for an S3 Bucket in AWS.
You can also integrate your data with CloudTrail, a service that captures specific API calls made to Amazon S3 from your AWS account and delivers the log files to your specified Amazon S3 bucket. Learn how by reading Amazon’s documentation on how to create a trail in AWS.
Part 2: Setting up a Custom Policy
1. Click your login name and select My Security Credentials .
2. Select Policies  > Create policy .
3. On the JSON tab , copy and paste the code shown below, replacing BUCKETNAME with the name of your custom bucket .
4. Click Review policy .
5. Configure these fields with the corresponding values :
- “Name” = Talkdesk-storage-policy.
- “Description” = Policy used by Talkdesk to save recording files to the bucket.
6. Click Create policy .
Part 3: Beginning Configuration within Talkdesk
1. Open a new tab or window, and log in to Talkdesk (youraccountname.mytalkdesk.com).
2. Navigate to Admin  > Preferences .
3. Scroll down to "Data Storage Provider".
4. Click Change provider .
A warning will be displayed to let you know pre-existing recordings from Talkdesk will become unavailable once you change to a custom storage. Then, hit Continue .
5. Select Amazon AWS in "Storage Provider" .
6. Choose the “Region” .
7. Enter the bucket name in “Bucket” .
8. Copy the 12-digit number found under “Amazon Account Resource Name”  and leave this page open for now.
Part 4: Setting up a Role in AWS
1. Navigate back to AWS.
2. Select Roles  > Create role .
3. Open Another AWS account .
4. Paste the 12-digit numerical string copied from the configuration dialog box in step  into "Account ID" :
5. Tick “Require external ID” . A new “External Account ID” field will be displayed.
6. Go back to the Talkdesk configuration box, copy the Account Id (as shown below) and paste it into “External ID” .
7. Click Next: Permissions .
8. Search for and select the Talkdesk-storage-policy  and click Next: Review .
9. Set the “Role name” as Talkdesk-storage-role .
10. Click Create role .
11. Copy the new “Role ARN” that is displayed .
Part 5: Completing Configuration within Talkdesk
1. Navigate back to the configuration dialog box within Talkdesk.
2. Paste the "Role ARN" into “Amazon Account Resource Name” .
3. Click Test connection .
4. Click OK on the successful installation prompt.
5. Once ready, click Save. Note: Once you press Save, you will no longer have the option to edit the provider, bucket, or any of the associated settings. To make changes, please contact Talkdesk Support.
6. The configuration is now complete and immediately applied. All new recordings will be directed to your AWS S3 bucket. No additional steps or maintenance are required.
For additional assistance and guidance, please contact Talkdesk Support.