Once you activate SMS in your Talkdesk account, you can see all incoming SMS conversations, assign specific items, initiate an outbound SMS, send back to the original queue, or close the conversation whenever the discussion topic is resolved.
All the SMS conversations that are assigned to you, and those on a queue, will be visible on the “Conversations” Panel.
After opening the Conversation App, you can open the Inbox  tab and see all new incoming Conversations:
- On the listing, you can see the name or number of the contact person who began a Conversation, as well as any "New Conversation" initiated by the user.
Note: The contact’s name is displayed if it’s a known contact (already saved in Contacts). The phone number is displayed if it’s a new contact or if it's a known contact or if the same number is associated with multiple contacts.
- A Refresh  icon is displayed at the top, indicating when was the last refresh.
- Next to each contact person’s name or number, you can see information on the date of the first message that was exchanged .
- By clicking on the Assign  button, you can assign the SMS conversation to yourself.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can click the + New conversation  icon to open a new conversation.
- By choosing the SMS  option, the right side of the screen will display a dial pad , where you can type the number you wish to begin a conversation with.
Note: The colored icon on top of the contact indicates the type of conversation:
- In the Assigned to you  tab, you can open each active conversation. The active conversations are organized by channels.
- After clicking on a conversation  on the Assigned to you tab, the corresponding past messages appear on the right side of the Conversation App.
- At the top, there’s the contact person’s name and number of the opened conversation .
- You can also search for specific content within the conversation . The searched items will appear highlighted in the conversation, as you scroll through its past messages.
- In the message box  you can type new messages, which can be sent either by hitting “Shift” + “Enter” on your keyboard, or by clicking the Send  button. To add a new line to the message, press the “Enter” key.
- Once the conversation ends, click on the End Chat  button and the conversation will no longer appear on the Assigned to you tab.
- If you cannot resolve this issue, choose Send to Inbox  and the conversation will be returned to the Inbox tab where it originated from.
- To initiate a call with this contact, hit the Call  button.
- To transfer the conversation to another Agent or to another queue, click the Transfer  button
- To initiate a new Outbound SMS, click on the + New Conversation button  and select the SMS option.