Missed Contacts on Talkdesk Live™ is a contacts data model metric.
A contact is considered missed if one of the following occurs:
- All assignment attempts were ignored or rejected by the agent(s).
- The flow reached the maximum waiting time in the Assignment & Dial component.
- The “Only Available” option is selected in the Agents to Ring settings in the Assignment & Dial component and no agents are available.
- The “Exhaust” option is selected in the Agents to Ring settings in the Assignment & Dial component, and all possibilities have been exhausted.
- For digital interactions (such as SMS, Chat, Email, Digital Connect, Whatsapp, and Facebook Messenger), if Studio is not able to send a conversation to Inbox or to an agent. Due to some criteria, we update the contact finished reason field on the Messaging Contacts dataset to “Closed by Studio” whenever one of these events takes place:
1. Max waiting time was reached.
2. There was no answer.
3. A failure occurred in the studio flow.
- If a contact is closed by Studio, it is considered a missed conversation.
A contact is counted as missed only one time, regardless of:
- The number of agents who reject or ignore the assignment attempt of the contact.
- The number of times the same agent ignores or rejects the assignment attempt of the contact.
For information regarding agents that ignored or rejected assignment attempts, use Ring Attempts data in Explore.
The default name for this widget is Missed Contacts, but you can change it to a custom name, up to 64 characters.
The Missed Contacts metric can be broken down by queue. When the queue breakdown is applied, the widget will display a list of queues with each queue’s respective Missed Contacts count. (See Visualization.)
Breakdown by team is not offered for this widget because it is possible to have many assignment attempts for the same contact, depending on the Agents to Ring settings in the flow. A team breakdown would count the same contact multiple times if multiple assignment attempts were made, resulting in a different total between a team breakdown visualization and a metric visualization.
Note: The breakdown can be made by queue and by channel.
In breakdown mode, you can sort the Missed Contacts metric by Queue, Channel and Value. You can sort the information by alphabetic order or value.
The Missed Contacts metric can be displayed for any of the following time intervals:
- Last 15 minutes
- Last 30 minutes
- Last hour
The starting point for the “Today” time span is midnight of the time zone selected for the dashboard.
The default visualization for Missed Contacts is Metric.
If the queue breakdown is selected, the visualization will automatically change to List.
Up to three threshold rules can be set for the Missed Contacts metric. To learn more about how to use thresholds, see Configuring Talkdesk Live Widgets: Overview.
While thresholds can be set for any widget, as a best practice we generally recommend they be reserved for metrics that are averages or percentages rather than for metrics that are counts of contacts, such as Missed Contacts.
You can filter the Missed Contacts metric by queue. This filter applies to the queues in which the contacts were missed.
In addition, you can filter by Channel. The "Channel" filter applies to the channels of the contact: Voice, Email, SMS, or Chat, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, and Digital Connect.
See Configuring Talkdesk Live Widgets: Overview for important information about how widget filters are applied to metrics.