In Talkdesk Identity™, when a caller enrolls in Voice Authentication, a background check is performed automatically on their phone number to minimize the threat of fraudsters gaining access to contact center operations.
In the Identity section, you are able to see your listed contacts that have chosen to enroll in Voice Authentication.
To access Identity, please select the Identity icon on the leftmost side panel, and you will find the list of contacts that have enrolled in Voice Authentication.
The “Identity” list displays the following:
- “Name” : Contact’s name and/or phone number, and ID, if another identifier besides the caller’s phone number was requested from the caller.
- “Call Risk” : The risk is based on different risks and fraud scores associated with the call, that are analyzed to reach a ranked risk score (from 0% to 100%) from which a chart is derived to represent criticality:
- Green: from 0% to 49%.
- Yellow: up to 70%.
- Red: above 70%
- “Voice Authentication” : Shows the result of the caller’s authentication:
- “Success” - If the contact’s voice biometrics matches the contact’s voiceprint.
- “Failure” - In case there’s no match of the voiceprint.
- “Phone Validation” : The phone validation fraud score:
- “High-risk”: Fraud scores >=85% are high-risk users that are likely to engage in malicious behavior. Scores in this threshold indicate recent or excessive abuse and fit the profile of a typical risky user.
- “Suspicious”: Fraud scores >= 75% are suspicious and are likely to be involved in suspicious or dangerous activities, but not necessarily a fraudulent user.
- “Safe”: Fraud scores < 75% are considered safe.
- “Spoofing detection” : The spoofing detection status:
- “High-risk”: The initiating service provider has authenticated that it placed the call on its network, but has no relationship with the caller.
- “Suspicious”: The carrier can authenticate its relationship with the calling customers, but cannot verify if the consumer is authorized to use the number.
- “Safe”: The service provider has fully authenticated that the customer initiating the call is authorized to use the calling number.
- “When” : The date and time when the call took place.
Viewing a contact’s details
By clicking on any contact’s name, the corresponding details will open. Here, you will find the same information you can find on the Identity list for the contact’s last call.
You can also browse the history and corresponding detailed information of the risk score of the previous calls, as well as the Voice authentication, Phone validation, and Spoofing detection results.
Viewing the Phone Validation tab
Once you select Phone Validation, you’ll see the detailed insights of a particular call:
- “Status”: The phone validation status as a result from the Fraud Score.
- “Valid”: Indicates if the phone number is considered valid based on assigned phone numbers available to carriers in the caller’s country.
- “Fraud score”: The risk score, which measures how likely a phone number to be fraudulent.
- “When”: The date and time when the call took place.
- “Active”: Reveals if this phone number is a live phone number that is currently active.
- “Recent abuse”: Details whether this phone number has been associated with recent or ongoing fraud.
- “VOIP”: Illustrates if this phone number is a Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) or a digital phone number.
- “Risky”: Points out if this phone number is associated with fraudulent activity, scams, fake accounts, or other suspicious behavior.
Note: Being risky is not the only important factor when determining the phone validation overall status. High-risk is a combination of the “valid”, "fraud_score", "recent_abuse", "VOIP", "prepaid", "active", and "risky" variables.
- “Prepaid”: Indicates if this phone number is associated with a prepaid service plan.
- “Country”: The two-character country code for this phone number.
- “Line type”: The type of line this phone number is associated with (Toll-Free, Mobile, Landline, Satellite, VOIP, Premium Rate, Pager, etc...) or "N/A" if unknown.
- “Carrier”: The carrier this phone number has been assigned to, or "N/A" if unknown.
Tip: Some carriers, especially among ported numbers or prepaid plans, can represent higher risk. VOIP numbers are inherently riskier than wireless/cellular and landline numbers.
For more information on Identity, please consult our documentation.