In the UC Admin app of the Talkdesk Phone™ system, you’ll find the Users section. Here, you’re able to see your listed users, create new ones, and edit existing profiles.
- To access the UC Admin app, select the second icon on the leftmost side panel .
- On the Users tab  you will find the users of your account. If there are no registered users, you can click on the Create user button  to get started.
The users list displays each user’s:
- “Role”: “UC User” or “UC Admin” in case of UC only users, reflecting their access permissions to the Phone and UC Admin apps, or their CC (Contact Center) roles (ex.: “CC Agent”; “CC Supervisor”; “CC Administrator”; or other personalized CC roles, also preceded by “CC”).
- “Status”: “Active” or “Inactive”.
The search bar  can be used to find individual users by name or email. The more options “...” button  reveals a drop-down menu with other features, which will be explained in the course of this article.
Creating New Users
To create a new user, click on the Create User button.
You will have to fill in each field and provide the following pieces of information about the user:
- “First name” .
- “Last name” .
- “Email” .
- “Role” , which you should select from the drop-down menu.
- At this stage, you can also change the user’s “Status”  from “Active” to “Inactive”.
- Click on the Create button  to proceed to the new user’s profile page.
Note: UC Users can be fully managed in the UC Admin app. However, as described above regarding the “Role” column, for users that were extended from CC, Admins will only be able to manage their UC settings (see below). To manage or delete CC users, admins should use Talkdesk Classic/Main.
Editing User Profiles
From the users list, you can click on any user’s name to be taken to the corresponding profile page. Here, you will find the same information you can find on the users list.
- Click on the Edit button  to switch to the editing page.
In this page, you can alter most of the information provided upon user creation:
- The user’s “First”  and “Last name” .
- “Role” : “UC User” or “UC Admin”.
- “Status” : “Active” and “Inactive”.
- Click on the blue Save button  to conclude your edit.
Note: You will not be able to change a user’s e-mail address, so make sure you have it right the first time.
An alternative way to reach the editing page is from the main users list. Click on the more options “...” button . A drop-down menu will appear. Clicking on Edit profile  for UC users, will bring you to the user’s profile page, already in editing mode.
Editing UC Settings
From the user’s profile page, by switching to the UC settings tab  you can have access to that user’s extension and devices. To alter these:
- Click Edit  to access the page’s editing mode.
- “Extension” : Change the user’s extension.
- Click Assign number  and follow the steps to assign new DIDs to your user from the list of purchased numbers in the account
- Click Assign SIP phone  and follow the steps to assign new devices to your user, from the existing list of devices.
- Click Done  to exit the user UC settings page in edit mode.
Deleting UC Users
To delete UC users, access the “...” (more options)  button on the main user list, and select the Delete option . You will be prompted to confirm this action, which cannot be undone.
- As with editing user profiles, you can also edit UC settings from the users list, by clicking the more options “...” button and then selecting UC settings from the drop-down menu.
- Users can be assigned extensions with 3 to 6 digits and different lengths can be mixed and matched within the same account, however, some extensions, such as 0000, 933 or 911, are reserved and, therefore, unavailable.
For additional support, please consult our Talkdesk Phone documentation.