In the UC Admin app of the Talkdesk Phone™ system, you’ll find the Users section. Here, you’re able to see your listed users, create new ones, and edit existing profiles.
- To access the UC Admin app, select the second icon on the leftmost side panel .
- On the Users tab  you will find the users of your account. If there are no registered users, you can click on the Create user button  to get started.
The users list displays each user’s:
- “Role”: “User” or “Admin”, which will respectively grant permissions to access the Phone app exclusively or the UC Admin app in addition (see the Talkdesk Phone Overview article to learn more);
- “Status”: “Active” or “Inactive”.
The search bar  can be used to find individual users by name or email. The more options “...” button  reveals a drop-down menu with other features, which will be explained in the course of this article.
Creating New Users
To create a new user, click on the Create User button.
You will have to fill in each field and provide the following pieces of information about the user:
- “First name” .
- “Last name” .
- “Email” .
- “Role” , which you should select from the drop-down menu.
- At this stage, you can also change the user’s “Status”  from “Active” to “Inactive”.
- Click on the Create button  to proceed to the new user’s profile page.
Editing User Profiles
From the users list, you can click on any user’s name to be taken to the corresponding profile page. Here, you will find the same information you can find on the users list.
- Click on the Edit button  to switch to the editing page.
In this page, you can alter most of the information provided upon user creation:
- The user’s “First”  and “Last name” .
- “Role” : “User” or “Admin”.
- “Status” : “Active” and “Inactive”.
- Click on the blue Save button  to conclude your edit.
Note: You will not be able to change a user’s e-mail address, so make sure you have it right the first time.
An alternative way to reach the editing page is from the main users list. Click on the more options “...” button . A drop-down menu will appear. Clicking on Edit profile  will bring you to the user’s profile page, already in editing mode.
Editing UC Settings
From the user’s profile page, by switching to the UC settings tab  you can have access to that user’s extension and devices. To alter these:
- Click Edit  to access the page’s editing mode.
- “Extension” : Change the user’s extension.
- Click Assign SIP phone  and follow the steps to assign new devices to your user, from the existing list of devices.
- Click Save  to confirm the changes.
- As with editing user profiles, you can also edit UC settings from the users list, by clicking the more options “...” button and then selecting “UC settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Users can be assigned extensions with 3 to 6 digits and different lengths can be mixed and matched within the same account, however, some extensions, such as 0000, 933 or 911, are reserved and, therefore, unavailable.
For additional support, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.