Talkdesk Phone™ is a business phone system natively built on the leading CX Cloud platform. Extend our advanced contact center technology to your business communications, increase business agility across your organization, and realize significant cost savings from managing everything on a single platform. Collaborate internally or place outbound calls to anyone anywhere in the world you do business to bring teams together and build a culture of customer-centric collaboration.
Talkdesk Phone consists of two apps: Phone, for regular users and administrators, and Phone Admin, for administrators.
- Phone: This is where users will be able to handle calls and set up a few basic configurations. It includes the following features and areas:
- Home - To consult call history and voicemails and make and receive calls.
- Configurations - To manage user settings.
- Phone Admin: This app is specifically for administrators and includes the following controls:
- Users - To manage users.
- Devices - To manage devices.
- Ring groups - To manage ring groups.
To begin the Talkdesk Phone installation process, you should contact Support or your Customer Success Manager. You will then receive an e-mail with the links for installing the apps on your account.
When the installation process is complete and there are existing Contact Center (CC) users that should also be provided with access to Phone or Phone Admin, please follow these steps to grant them that access:
- Click the My Apps  interface and click on the gear icon, placed on the top right-hand side corner of the Phone app or the Phone Admin app .
- From the app management modal, you can tick each user or role that should have access to the app .
Then, to grant CC users access to the Phone and Phone Admin apps, go to Main > Admin > Roles and Permissions, and select the specific role you want to grant access to. Then, go to Permissions > Edit and, within the Talkdesk Phone permissions card, select “View”. For more information on this subject, read through our Roles and Permissions documentation.
Following the above steps, and in order to complete the process with the account extension to Phone, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Support and provide the following information:
- Your existing Talkdesk account name.
- Optionally, the main phone number of the account. This is the “Company number” that will be used as the Caller ID for outbound calls by default.
Later on, via the Phone Admin app, you will be able to create and manage users, namely by assigning DID numbers (Direct Inward Dialing).
- Talkdesk Phone is only available for sale in the United States of America (USA), Canada (on US regional cloud), and the following European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. Talkdesk Phone is not available in the Canada regional Cloud, LATAM, or APAC regions.
- English is the only language available.
- Voicemail is available in dial-in IVR format only. Visual voicemail, transcriptions, and voicemail-to-email are not supported.
- Some features currently available in CX Agent are not supported by Talkdesk Phone. These are: warm transfer, audio settings configuration, user activity status, Activities App, business contacts, agent contacts, favorites, Voicemails app.
- Some features related to reporting are not supported by Talkdesk Phone. These are: Explore, and Live Dashboard.
- Some features related to integrations are not supported by Talkdesk Phone. These are: Customer Relationship Managers (Salesforce, Zendesk, others), Talkdesk Builder, Talkdesk Workforce Management, Talkdesk Guardian, Talkdesk Agent Assist, Talkdesk Agent Workspace: Contacts/Voicemails/Activities.
- Account phone numbers must be purchased in Main to be available for assignment to Talkdesk Phone users.
- To help users distinguish numbers, the phone number’s Friendly name (that can be defined in Main > Admin > Numbers) will be displayed in Phone, in the user’s Keypad Caller ID list, underneath each number. The Friendly name is only displayed to the user, not callees.
- Each user can have up to 5 DIDs.
- Newly created Phone users that do not have access to CC should receive a confirmation e-mail. The app should be available up to five minutes after the account is validated.