Talkdesk Phone™ is a modern cloud telephony system for the modern workforce, which enables the unification of your business telephony and contact center communications in a single application designed, specifically, to break down organizational silos and foster a customer-centric culture of collaboration.
Every employee can be provided with a rich, AI-powered phone system that helps them work and communicate smarter, from any device and any location. You can easily manage numbers, onboard users, and streamline business processes through one administration interface, for all your contact center and telephony needs.
Talkdesk Phone consists of two apps: Phone, for regular users and administrators, and UC Admin, for administrators.
- Phone: This is where users will be able to handle calls and set up a few basic configurations. It includes the following features and areas:
- Home - To consult the call history, voicemails and make and receive calls.
- Dashboard - To manage call handling features.
- Configurations - To manage user settings.
- UC Admin: This app is specifically for administrators and includes the following controls:
- Users - To manage users.
- Devices - To manage devices.
To begin the Talkdesk Phone installation process, you should contact Support or your Customer Success Manager. You will then receive an e-mail with the links for installing the apps on your account.
When the installation process is complete and there are existing Contact Center (CC) users that should also be provided with access to Phone or UC Admin, please follow these steps to grant them that access:
- Click the My Apps  interface and click on the gear icon, placed on the top right-hand side corner of the Phone app or the UC Admin app .
- From the app management modal, you can tick each user or role that should have access to the app .
Following these steps, to complete the process with the account extension to UC, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Support and provide the following information:
- Your existing Talkdesk account name.
- Optionally, the main phone number of the account. This is the “Company number” that will be used as the Caller ID for outbound calls by default.
Later on, you will be able to create UC (Unified Communications) users via the UC Admin app. However, if additional CC users should also be provided access to Phone, or users require a dedicated line (DDI), please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Support. Please keep in mind that:
- In the first case, you should provide the list of the users that already exist in your Talkdesk account (as an agent or with another role) and that should be given access to Talkdesk Phone, as well as the level of permissions these users should be provided with (normal users or administrators). (Please see the CSV example document at the end of this article).
- In case users require DDIs, please provide the respective user list and the phone numbers to be assigned to each user. (Please see the CSV example document at the end of this article).
- Account phone numbers must be purchased in Main to be available for assignment to Talkdesk Phone users.
- To help users distinguish numbers, the phone number’s Friendly name (that can be defined in Main>Admin>Numbers) will be displayed in Phone, in the user’s Keypad Caller ID list, underneath each number. The Friendly name is only displayed to the user, not callees.
- Each user can have up to 5 DDIs.
- Newly created UC users that do not have access to CC should receive a confirmation e-mail. The app should be available up to five minutes after the account is validated.