When the integration between Talkdesk and ServiceNow is configured, and an automated task has been put in place, it is possible to create and update an interaction in ServiceNow which will relate to an existing ticket.
Note: The "Relate To" feature for ServiceNow is currently compatible with Callbar App (Electron) only.
Thanks to the “Relate To” feature, agents can select the ticket to which the call will be related, from a list of existing tickets displayed in Callbar, after an inbound or an outbound call ends.
The tickets that show up are those which are active and associated with the contact. They are displayed in chronological order, with the most recent one at the top.
Note: At the moment, this feature allows relating calls (interactions) to Cases and Incidents only.
To set up the ”Relate To” feature, it’s required to have the Talkdesk for ServiceNow version 2.9.0 (or newer) installed in the ServiceNow instance.
The configuration of the feature can be completed by executing the following steps:
- Go to your Talkdesk account > Admin > Integrations > ServiceNow.
- Click on the Configuration button to update your configuration and tick the “Relate to ticket” option. This enables the feature; if this option is not checked, the feature will not work.
- Hit the Save button.
- Go back to your ServiceNow integration and check your “Automated Tasks”; click on the Add New Automated Task button, if necessary.
Make sure to have:
- One automation to create an interaction in ServiceNow when a call is ringing/starts in Talkdesk
- One automation to update an interaction in ServiceNow when the disposition code is set in Talkdesk
Note: The type of event shown as an example in the image above is “outbound call”, but the same automations should be created for inbound if that is your use case. Additionally, if you are using the "create and pop interaction module in the Agent Workspace" action, you will also need one automation to update an interaction in ServiceNow when the disposition code is set in Talkdesk.
- Log in to your ServiceNow instance and access the Talkdesk Integration Settings page.
- On the “Relate To feature” section, please select “Incidents”, ”Cases”, or both, to fetch these types of tickets in order to relate them to a call (interaction).
- Hit the Save button.
Note: The “Relate To feature” section is always available on the “Talkdesk Integration Settings” page, but the feature will only work if you go through the previous steps, and enable the feature on the Talkdesk side.
After enabling the Relate To feature, you are now ready to start using it. Please check Using Relate To in Talkdesk for ServiceNow.