The “Relate To” feature enables agents to select the existing case and/or incident in ServiceNow to which the call will be related. After an inbound or an outbound call ends, the agent can choose, from a dropdown list of existing cases/incidents, which option to relate the call with. The cases/incidents listed are those which are active and associated with the contact. They are displayed if in an open state in chronological order, with the most recent one at the top.
To enable the “Relate To” feature for ServiceNow Connector, please check the article Enabling Relate To in Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector.
- This feature can be also used on Callbar. If you are using Callbar instead of Conversations, please go to the Using Relate To in Talkdesk ServiceNow Connector (Callbar) article.
- With the Fall ‘22 release, a functional enhancement was introduced to this feature where this component moved from a “tab” to a “card” part of the call wrap-up screen. This article already reflects this new user experience.
After enabling the feature, follow the next steps in order to use it in Conversations:
- Log in to the CTI client from your ServiceNow instance.
- Log in to Talkdesk Conversations.
- Start a call to trigger the automation “create an interaction in ServiceNow when a call starts”.
When the call ends, you will see the wrap-up screen in Conversations. Click on the Relate to dropdown and select the desired Incident or Case to log and relate the call to.
Please note that “Disposition” is a mandatory field to select in order to log the call information.
- Click on the Submit button. This action will log the call and trigger the automation to update an interaction in ServiceNow.
- The Relate To dropdown allows you to search for the relevant Incidents or Cases by name, number, or ticket status.
- The displayed results are the active Incidents and/or Cases according to what is configured on the “Talkdesk Integration Settings” page in your ServiceNow instance.
- Relate To results are limited to 20 Incidents or Cases by default.
- Please note that Disposition is a mandatory field that must be filled in before you can proceed to log the call information.
- Agents need to make sure they are logged in to CTI in ServiceNow when using the Relate to feature so the feature can work properly. In this situation, the "Relate to" dropdown will not display any incidents and/or Cases, besides the None option, and the following error message will appear in the Relate to Card: “Couldn’t fetch results. Please try again.”.
- When you log the call, the Interaction is updated on the ServiceNow side, and the relationship between the ticket and the Interaction is created. You can see it on the Related Tasks tab , which shows the ticket related to that Interaction form.
- If you click on the ticket link, you can enter the ticket tab. In the example above, it’s a Case. Similarly, in the Case view, you get to see the list of all the calls (Interactions) related to the Case through the Interactions tab .
Note: While the relationship between the Case/Incident and the Interaction is always created, it may not be visible on the case/incident view. This is because the related lists are not configured to appear on the view, so you may need to edit the views and include these related lists.
Mandatory Relate To Selection
It is also possible to enforce the selection of a Relate to ticket before logging the call information.
This feature can be enabled by executing the following steps:
- Go to your Talkdesk account > Admin > Integrations > ServiceNow.
- Click on the Configuration button to update your configuration and tick the “Mandatory Relate to” option. This enables the feature; if this option is not checked, the feature will not work.
- Hit the Save button.
- Whether you are enabling or disabling the feature, in order for the change to take effect, agents currently logged in will need to refresh the Conversations App.
- After enabling the feature, Conversations will only allow the call information to be submitted once a disposition and a relate to option are selected.
Note: Agents will always have the ability to select the None option on the Relate to dropdown.