- Please note that this feature is being released as part of an Early Access Program. To learn more, reach out to your sales rep or Customer Success Manager.
- The Power Dialer is currently compatible with Callbar App (Electron) only.
Salesforce Power Dialer is a widget that allows an agent and salesperson to automatically dial down a list of Salesforce records. The Power dialing option will dial down a list of records, launching these new calls automatically.
The dialer can be used from any list view of contacts, accounts, leads, opportunities, or cases. The instructions below explain the power dialer’s use and advanced features.
Note: For guidance on how to enable the power dialer, please see the article Setting up Salesforce Power Dialer.
1. Navigate to a non-default list view. As an example, we’ll use Leads . This must be for an object for which the power dialer was enabled.
2. Select the records you want to dial . Filters or other tools may be available to help you select the desired records.
3. To begin dialing the number associated with these records, click Dialer .
4. In Dialing mode, check the “Power dialing” option, and it will show the Power Dialer’s settings.
5. Click Start dialing  to initiate the power dialer. This setting does not interfere with in-progress calls. Take a look into the Additional Features section (see below) to help you understand power dialer’s settings.
6. In “Call Status” , you can see the statuses used by the power dialer to reflect the outcome of your calls.
- Pending. The number is enqueued for dialing.
- Dialing. The number is being dialed.
- Completed. The far-end picked up and the call finished.
- Not answered.Missed calls.
- Invalid number. Invalid format, the phone number does not follow the E.164 international standard.
- Failed. The dialer tried to call the record, but ringing was not initiated.
- Not dialed. The power dialer didn’t attempt to call this number.
- Do not call. The contact associated with the record is marked as “Do not call”=TRUE.
Note: Users with the Standard User profile will not be able to see call status updates. To do this, you must manually assign them PushTopic Read permissions.
Once you select "Power dialing", some additional features will be displayed:
Delay between calls: Defines how quickly the power dialer will initiate the next call.
When a call starts: Defines events that execute automatically after dialing a number:
- “Open record”: Automatically directs you to the record associated with the number when the call starts.
- “Do nothing”: This option refers to the “Do not call” contact field which, when checked, causes the power dialer to skip over that contact. Agents may update the “Do Not Call” field at any time (even during a call).
To provide specific profiles edit access to the “Do not call” field, follow the instructions below:
2. Select Contact .
3. Navigate to Fields and Relationships  and select Do Not Call .
4. Select Set Field-Level Security .
5. Select the “Visible” boxes  next to the profiles which will access “Do not call”.
6. Click Save  to finalize these updates.