- The Preview Dialer is currently compatible with Callbar App (Electron) only.
- Salesforce Dialer also needs to be aware of the agent’s login session in the Salesforce Connector, otherwise known as Salesforce’s phone widget or phone CTI. Follow the instructions in the article Please login in Salesforce Connector to ensure this connection is correctly configured.
- Users with the Standard User Salesforce Profile by default, will not be able to change the call status correctly. In order to achieve this, they must be assigned PushTopic Read permissions, at the profile level.
The Salesforce Dialer feature gives an agent and a salesperson the ability to automatically dial down a list of Salesforce records (Contacts, Leads, Accounts, Cases, and Opportunities). Salesforce Dialer offers two dialing modes, Power and Preview. In Preview dialing mode, agents can review records before calls are initiated, later allowing them to start the call or skip to another record. In Power mode, calls will be launched automatically one after the other, respecting a defined delay between calls.
To access the “Salesforce Dialer”, firstly, you will need to request Talkdesk to include the feature in your installation package. Once it is enabled, log in to your Salesforce account, and follow these steps.
Enabling the Salesforce Dialer
- Click on Talkdesk Admin , and go to Settings , on the left side of the page.
- Activate the “Enable Salesforce Dialer” option by right-toggling the “Enabled” button .
- Go to Dialer on the left side of the page to start configuring your preview and power dialing modes.
- For Preview Dialing, you can configure the default time settings for preview time and what the dialer should do when the preview time expires.
- For Power Dialing, you can configure the delay between calls and what you want the dialer to do when the time expires. (note: currently the delay between calls starts upon call end and not aftercall work)
Note: These settings will be the default ones applied to your Talkdesk campaigns. You can change these settings on a per campaign basis and the ones you choose for the campaign will override these default settings.
- Under the “Campaign Permissions” section, you can configure your create/edit settings.
- Choose the Talkdesk roles that should have the permissions to create or edit campaigns.
Note: Agents only see the Talkdesk campaigns they have created and the ones they have been assigned to. In this case, the permission to edit will only allow agents to edit the campaigns they can see. On the other hand, supervisors can see all Talkdesk campaigns and, as such, if they’re given permission to edit, they can edit all Talkdesk campaigns.
- Lastly, in the “Other Configurations” section, you can:
- Choose the default timezone for dialer campaigns to match one of the Salesforce accounts or the user’s timezone, or choose a custom timezone.
Note: The timezone can also be changed on a per campaign basis upon creation. The timezone chosen for a specific campaign will override this default timezone.
- Choose the phone field per object to be used as default in dialer campaigns. You can choose either a standard or a custom field.
Note: If you don’t choose any specific field, the Salesforce standard phone field will be used for each object.
- Press Save to save your changes.
As a next step, in order to access the Talkdesk dialer, you can either add a button to the supported list views or add a custom tab to any chosen Lightning app, or even both.
Adding the Salesforce Dialer button to List Views
- Click on the gear icon, and choose Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Hit Object Manager.
- Select the object you want to edit.
- Select Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic.
- Click on the drop-down arrow, on the right side, and choose Edit.
- Select the Dialer custom button from the “Available Buttons” column, and move it to the “Selected Buttons” column.
- Hit Save. You will see the Dialer button option in the top-right corner.
Note: You can enable Salesforce Dialer for contacts, leads, accounts, opportunities, and/or cases. However, note that the button will not be visible in the default “Recently viewed” list view.
Adding the Talkdesk Campaigns tab to your chosen Lightning App
The Talkdesk for Salesforce managed package brings a new custom tab for Talkdesk Campaigns. To add it to your preferred lightning app, please follow these steps:
- Click the edit button (pencil) on the navigation bar of the lightning app you want to change.
- Next, select Add More Items.
- Search for “Talkdesk Campaigns” within the “All” category, and add the “Talkdesk Campaigns” tab.
- Finally, press Save. The tab is now available in your lightning app’s navigation bar.
For more information on how to use the Salesforce Dialer, please check the article Using the Salesforce Dialer.