The Automatic Away feature allows call center managers to set a limit on the number of consecutive call attempts agents can fail to take or reject before they are automatically set to "Away" status:
Auto away can act as a safety net for the times they accidentally forget to update their statuses.
Example: You can set agents status to be automatically switched to 'Away' after they fail to take or reject a call two times in a row. E.g. call rings agent, agent does not pick or rejects the call, call goes to the waiting queue; call rings agent again, agent does not take or rejects the call, call goes to the waiting queue again and the agent status is automatically changed to away:
To automatically change a status to Away for any agent that fails to take a specified number of calls in sequence, follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the 'Admin' section at the top of the page .
- Select the 'Preferences' tab .
- Scroll down to 'Routing Settings' .
- Next to 'Automatic Away' , select from the drop-down list the number of attempted calls agents can fail to take before their status is changed to Away.
- Save  your changes.