The Automatic Away feature allows call center managers to set a limit on the number of consecutive call attempts agents can fail to take or reject before they are automatically set to "Away" status:
Auto away can act as a safety net for the times they accidentally forget to update their statuses.
Note: Auto Away is not available in the Callbar by default. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this feature for Callbar users. Agents must be in widget mode, and this will trigger on missed and rejected calls.
Example: You can set agents status to be automatically switched to 'Away' after they fail to take or reject a call two times in a row. E.g. call rings agent, agent does not pick or rejects the call, call goes to the waiting queue; call rings agent again, agent does not take or rejects the call, call goes to the waiting queue again and the agent status is automatically changed to away:
To automatically change a status to Away for any agent that fails to take a specified number of calls in sequence, follow these steps:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click the "Admin" section at the top of the page .
- Select the "Preferences" tab .
- Scroll down to ‘Routing Settings’ .
- Select the number of attempted calls agents can fail to take before their status is changed to Away from the drop-down menu next to ‘Automatic Away’ .
- Save  your changes.
- If you are using the Callbar, you must also email email@example.com to enable this feature on your account