Browser: Google Chrome
Making sure the browser is up to date and properly configured is key to an optimal Talkdesk use.
Make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome (we recommend Chrome for best experience and call quality as the WebRTC support is more mature than in Firefox, which is the second best option). Here is a link to check if you have the latest Google Chrome version.
Please do the following to ensure that your agent's permissions are enabled properly:
- When you first login to Talkdesk, you must click Allow to the below prompt:
- If you clicked Block, don't worry! You will see a red “X” over a video camera icon in your URL bar. This means Talkdesk doesn't have permission to access your microphone. If you click this camera icon you should see the following:
To fix this:
- Change to: Always allow yourcompanyname.mytalkdesk.com and click: Done
- You must then refresh your browser by clicking "Reload". In some cases you may also need to logout of Talkdesk and close the browser (all windows) and then re-open.
Specific browser extensions can block some Talkdesk functionalities including the audio, and cause the interface to behave unexpectedly:
Here is a list of extensions you should avoid when using Talkdesk:
- AdBlock Plus
- HTTPS Everywhere
- WebRTC Network Limiter
Please make sure you are not using these extensions. In case you have these installed, please follow these instructions to remove an extension from Google Chrome:
- On your Google Chrome browser, click menu option on the top right corner.
- Select More tools > Extensions.
- On the extension you want to remove, click Remove from Chrome.
- A notice to remove the extension will appear. Click Remove.