If your calls are not being forwarded to an external number on your IVR, an agent's external phone number or your if-no-answer number as expected, but instead are going to voicemail, that is probably happening because you're using a number that has an automated answering mechanism (like an IVR or voicemail).
We have a machine detection mechanism that is used to detect voicemail machines and abort the call in those cases.
Please update your phone number to disable the machine-detection by specifying * (asterisk) as the Ext. next to it.
To do this on your If-No-Answer Phone Number follow these directions:
- Log into your Talkdesk account as an Administrator.
- Click on the "Admin" tab at the top of the page
- Click on the "Numbers" tab
- Click on the phone number for which you have configured the If-No-Answer Phone Number
- Under the "General" tab scroll down to 'If-No-Answer Phone Number' and type * on the Ext. field
- When you are finished click "Save" at the bottom of the page
For your agent's External Phone Number, login to your account as an 'Administrator':
- Click on the 'Admin' icon in the top navigation
- Select the 'Agents' tab and click on the affected agent's name.
- Scroll down to 'External Phone Number' and type * on the Ext. field (or ask the affected agent to do this by following the instructions here).
For your IVR phone number:
- Sign in as an 'Admin'
- Click on 'Numbers' on the left hand tab
- Click on the phone number where you've setup your IVR
- Click on the 'IVR' tab
- Type * on the Ext. field next to the number after 'forward to phone number'